Fizz Data Plan Options and Usage

oreo10
oreo10 Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited July 24 in Data Gifting

Hello Fizz Community,

I hope everyone is having a great day! I’m currently exploring different data plan options with Fizz and could use some advice from those who are more experienced.

Specifically, I have a few questions:

Data Usage Management: What are your strategies for managing data usage effectively with Fizz? Are there any tips for staying within my data limits without impacting my everyday usage?
Plan Flexibility: How flexible are Fizz’s data plans if my needs change throughout the year? For example, if I find that I need more data during certain months, is it easy to adjust my plan accordingly?
Coverage and Performance: Can anyone share their experiences with data coverage and performance in different areas? I’m particularly interested in hearing about how reliable the connection is in more rural or less densely populated regions.

I also check this: International Roaming Options and travelsnowflake But I have not found any solution. your advice will help me make a more informed decision about which plan might best suit my needs.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best Answer

• Kejinsan
    Kejinsan Posts: 3,900 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @oreo10

It really depends on your daily usage with your data and on average per month. With your previous carrier, you know the average usage you had monthly.

The great thing about Fizz is that you can check your usage and what's left for the month, and the unused data are rollover for the month and are valid for 60 more days after the first month. Let's say you get a 20GB plan and you only use 10GB, next month you'll have 30GB in total and if you only use again 10GB, the 3rd month you'll have 40GB left for the month! Choose wisely with your usage your plan with these information!

You can change your plan anytime but it will be applied on your next billing cycle not on the date you are changing it! Let's say your next monthly bill is the 5th August, you can change it right now so your plan will be activated on that date simple as that!

Speed is awesome 4G coverage and speed are overall the best for constant same speed! Coverage wise depends really on where you live and which province, like I'm from Montréal and coverage here is awesome!

Hope it helped you

Warm regards

Answers

• jvh_NVPF2
    jvh_NVPF2 Posts: 603 ✭✭
    edited July 22

The great thing about Fizz is that you can check your usage and what's left for the month

It's mostly up to you as Kenji mentioned above but I'm afraid you aren't going to be able to test and find out yourself.

Intro pricing ends soon (today on the 22nd) and you're going to have to base it on your own data usage from your previous plan if you had one before.

Data management & Plan adjustment

You can start with what you think you need, then tune it down to what you're comfortable with and a bit of extra space. (Say you use 1GB in a month, you should get 2GB plan) Any unused data will be valid for another 60 days so you can have some emergency data.

You can change your plan whenever you want but with the caveat that you will lose your price lock in.

[Intro pricing] Unlimited texts ($2 → $4) Unlimited calls ($4 → $8)

If you live in Ontario or Quebec you can use the wallet feature for $0.06 per (SMS) text (MMS is free because it uses data)

Coverage & Performance

In my experience, outdoor coverage is very good within a major city.

Indoor performance can vary and may lead to dropped calls (Your experience may be different).

Rural is about as good as the other carriers (You will be connecting to Bell/Rogers/Telus on FIzz_EXT)

• wenhan
    wenhan Posts: 761 ✭✭

one issue you might need to consider is that if your usage is mostly in rural area that might not have fizz signal, fizz has a restriction on not exceeding >50% usage on a partner network for 3 month in a row.

• Ajan
    Ajan Posts: 60 ✭✭

@jvh_NVPF2 if u want to change your plan for the next month, u need to change it at least 5.5days before the last day of your monthly cycle.

• Ajan
    Ajan Posts: 60 ✭✭

@jvh_NVPF2 if u r short of data during the end of the cycle, come to forum post ur referral code here and ask fellow fizzers to gift data to u, dont buy addon, its expensive, fizzers r very generous, we will gift data to someone in need.

This discussion has been closed.