Mobile Hotspot Device recommendations + questions

OverrRyde
OverrRyde Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited July 7 in My Mobile
Hi everyone! Just order a new sim card and waiting for it to get here.

I am planning on using Fizz for data only during the summer months as my family are avid campers/rv'ers and need the hotspot so we stay connected without using our main devices.

I was looking for recommendations on devices anyone has used and works good. Most of our trips are within Canada, notably Ontario and Quebec with the occasional US trip, does data work in US without additional fees if I select US/Canada plan?

Also another question was once our camping season is over, can I just suspend until next season or have to continue to subscribe?

Thanks in advance!

Best Answer

• BradDoell
    BradDoell Posts: 146 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Good morning @OverrRyde

Yes, if you have a Canada/USA plan. The data will work in the USA without additional fees.
    When you run out, that is it, unless you buy more, or a Fizz customer gives you more, which is one of the great things about Fizz!

Answers

• elena code xzi4t
    elena code xzi4t Posts: 7,879 ✭✭
    edited July 3

Hi @OverrRyde

I don't have a 4G router to suggest, you should check the specs https://fizz.ca/en/faq/compatible-devices I used my own phone when I did it, or if you have a spare phone you can use that.

• A phone that only allows 3G configuration or HSPA network preference must support:When you
      buy a new phone, the supported frequencies are usually listed in the technical specifications. If not, do a search on the Internet. There are sites that will confirm the frequencies supported by your phone once
      you enter its IMEI in their search engine. The HSPA 850 MHz frequency for calls.  The dual frequency 1700/2100 MHz (also called AWS or band IV) for mobile data. The dual frequency 1700/2100 MHz (also called AWS)

Regarding you question to suspend, no Fizz doesn't have this options, you can close the plan and recreate one when you need it. The SIM can be reused.

Remember to use a referral code, in this way after the second payment you will get 25$ credit, if you want you can use mine is after code in my name.

• Mark123_2024
    Mark123_2024 Posts: 4,110 ✭✭

You can use your phone directly as a hotspot device. You just need to charge your phone much often and sometimes the Internet is much slower while charging(depending your device).

This discussion has been closed.