Install and activate at different address

Sumeet Duggal
Sumeet Duggal Posts: 11 ✭✭
edited June 14 in Internet

Hi,

Not sure if answered already since I couldn't find it.

I am currently a mobility customer and planning to subscribe to the internet. The issue is that I am living at a certain place but will be moving to a different address in mid July. So can I subscribe to the plan now at my current address so that I have the modem now? Or should I wait to move first?

It says that plan gets activated 3 days later but I want the internet from mid July at new address. So any ideas how should I proceed? Is it possible to subscribe now but schedule the mailing/activation date for later?

Also, typically how many days it takes for the modem to arrive once we subscribe? I am in Montreal. Thanks

Best Answer

• elena code xzi4t
    elena code xzi4t Posts: 8,055 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

HI @Sumeet Duggal

You can subscribe now, and fix the delivery date to the date of when you need a service.

If in the new habitation you have a working coaxial cable you can pick the day of the modem delivery, for the day that the modem is delivered you have 3 days to activate the service.

If you don't have a working coaxial cable, the system will ask you to pick a day when the tech will come to install it. For sure in this case you can take an appointment when there will be availability of the techs.

Answers

• Benoit M. #2934
    Benoit M. #2934 Posts: 6 ✭✭

Modem are not bind to the cable network cell where their activated not like illico (their have a modem inside) so you can get the modem working as soon as you get it and is activated. Then when you move it will still work as long as the cable signal at the new place is good and the account pay and active the adress change will be easy and no change in your service will be notify. The only reason that can be different is if you move outside videotron network like a place whit cogeco

This discussion has been closed.