Transfer my phone number

GaryAnjer Posts: 2
edited June 9 in My Mobile
I have my phone number for almost 20 years and it’s Ontario area code and the provider is Rogers ,I’m planing to switch to Fizz ,However now I’m living temporarily in Montreal- Quebec .If I’m transferring my original number does the area code has to be changed or remains as it is .

Best Answer


  • BradDoell
    BradDoell Posts: 62 ✭✭
    edited June 6

    Hi Gary,

    Yes, you can keep your existing phone number and area code despite living in a different province than the original province for that area code.
    When you create an account and order the SIM card, the SIM card will be mailed to your address.
    You then activate the SIM card and choose the option to keep your phone number.
    The instructions are here:

    If you have found my answer useful and want to use my referral code.



  • Dhral
    Dhral Posts: 8 ✭✭
    This is the exact question I had but the other way around. I have an 819 # but now live in Ontario
This discussion has been closed.