Number transfer

Options
lkreglewsk
lkreglewsk Posts: 14 ✭✭
edited May 3 in My Mobile
When I transfer a phone number from Fido to fizz do I cancel Fido and then transfer the number or do I transfer the number first and then cancel Fido

Answers

• elena code xzi4t
    elena code xzi4t Posts: 5,082 ✭✭
    edited May 2
    Options

Hi @lkreglewsk

Non don't cancel Fido

When the transfer is completed, the Fido plan will be closed automatically

don't forget to use a referral code when you activate the first Fizz plan, you can use mine is on my name after code in order to receive 25$ credit, or pick one from here

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    FizzyFizz JQMPM Posts: 6,494 ✭✭
    Options

As Elena told you don't cancel Fido otherwise you are gonna loose your number... You have to keep it active and during Fizz activation you will be asked if you want to port a number... Then you will receive a message from Fido to confirm the porting

• Mark123_2024
    Mark123_2024 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭
    Options

If you cancel your Fido plan before you can not keep your number at the transfer.

• kaitokun
    kaitokun Posts: 188 ✭✭
    Options
    Do not cancel and leave your fido sim in your phone.. Activate on fizz and port your number to fizz. You will get a text from fido to confirm porting your number. Reply YES and wait until your fizz number is active. Replace your fido sim with your fizz sim and you're all done!
  • FizzyFizz JQMPM
    FizzyFizz JQMPM Posts: 6,494 ✭✭
    Options

After finishing up the activation procedure, it usually takes 2 hours max to have the number ported

This discussion has been closed.