How to use pay as you go upon activating SIM card?

Options
Vasilkouda
Vasilkouda Posts: 12 ✭✭
edited April 30 in My Mobile
I'd like to use the pay as you go option, not a phone plan.
Currently I'm at the steps for activating the SIM card. If I answer "no" to every option (unlimited minutes, unlimited texts, etc.) I'll still be charged $8.65/month. If I pay that initial $8.65, will it be refunded to me after I switch to the pay as you go option? Or can I transfer it to the wallet?

Answers

• elena code xzi4t
    elena code xzi4t Posts: 5,104 ✭✭
    Options

Hi @Vasilkouda

Non you need to pay the minimum to have the line, after if you are in Quebec you can use the Fizz's wallet in order to pay as you go, outside Quebec (At the moment) you don't have the option to use the Fizz's wallet and you need to buy addons

If you decide to subscribe, remember to use a referral code in order to receive 25$ credit at your second payment, you can pick mine is in my name after code or one from here

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    FizzyFizz JQMPM Posts: 6,494 ✭✭
    Options

As Elena said, basically that's the minimum price you pay to have an active line with Fizz, which allows you to receive calls and texts. However, if you want to use the pay per use option, you've got to load some money on your wallet (only active in QC).

• Vasilkouda
    Vasilkouda Posts: 12 ✭✭
    Options
    This point should have been made clearer. I purchased the SIM card thinking that "pay as you go" meant I wouldn't have *any* recurring monthly payments whatsoever. Even customer service deflected my question when I asked if I could use my cellphone without a plan. Buyer beware...
  • Mark123_2024
    Mark123_2024 Posts: 2,035 ✭✭
    Options

There is no mobile company with such an option on the market.

This discussion has been closed.