Number transfer

Options
jesspas
jesspas Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited April 30 in My Mobile
What happens if when you’re transferring your number to fizz, you don’t reply to the text from the old service provider within the given time frame?

Answers

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    FizzyFizz JQMPM Posts: 6,494 ✭✭
    Options

I think the porting will not happen. However, I've never tried myself to be honest

• elena code xzi4t
    elena code xzi4t Posts: 5,104 ✭✭
    Options

Hi @jesspas

From the guide https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-having-problems-transferring-my-current-phone-number-to-fizz-why-what-can-i-do

When you activate your SIM card and request to transfer your number over to Fizz, your current provider sends the owner of the phone number (probably you) a text with a transfer authorization request. This is to confirm your wish to transfer the number over to Fizz.

Failure to answer this authorization request by the set deadline, or if the request is denied, automatically cancels your request to transfer your number over to Fizz.

If this happened, you must submit a new request using the link found in the notification posted in your Fizz account or pursue your Fizz activation by choosing a new number.

If you haven’t received the transfer authorization request, you must contact your current provider directly to address the issue.

• Mark123_2024
    Mark123_2024 Posts: 2,035 ✭✭
    Options

The transfer can not be done. Do a new request and reply to the text message this time.

This discussion has been closed.