What happened to the option of running a speedtest from ISP to Modem ?

Options
h3ll
h3ll Posts: 20 ✭✭

What happened to the option of running a speedtest from ISP to Modem ?

Answers

• NinjaMarky
    NinjaMarky Posts: 1,616 ✭✭
    Options

perform some speed tests using the Fizz Wi-Fi app. This app is available for free on Google Play Store & Apple Store.

Do multiple tests with different devices and at multiple locations around your home.

Compare the results obtained at the downstream (Download) and upstream (Download) speeds of your Fizz Home Internet plan.

If possible, also a speed test with a device plugged in using a network cable (RJ45) directly into the Wi-Fi modem.

You can also perform a speed test using any website or app of your choice.

Make sure you choose a speed test that uses a local server.

Some sites only offer test servers located overseas. It could skew your results.

https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-are-fizz-apps#2

• h3ll
    Options

Thats not what i asked.

Either way I see the original Hitron app has that test option but it seems Fizz disabled the option to test speed from ISP to Modem & then from Modem to device

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    FizzyFizz JQMPM Posts: 6,441 ✭✭
    Options

Sorry I don't know how to help you with that

• AlexJS
    AlexJS Posts: 331 ✭✭
    Options

I didn't realize it was possible — I would be interested if it's an easy test, if it could be tested while in bridge mode.

• h3ll
    Options

There used to be an option but in the new updated fizz app they disabled that part of the test.
    These screenshots are the Hitron OEM app which has it but it fails when it checks I guess macid & it refers back to vendor… so the question is why did fizz disable that option