Pixel 6a VoLTE certified...or not?

Options
GabrielaS
GabrielaS Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited April 19 in My Mobile

Good morning,

I am using a Pixel 6a (purchased through BestBuy in CAN), with VoLTE features enabled in Settings. Under My Phones in Fizz profile, the device is showing VoLTE Certified: No.

Why is that?

Best Answers

• elena code xzi4t
    elena code xzi4t Posts: 4,622 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @GabrielaS

Wifi calls are not available yet

You need to disable the wifi only to be sure to see the protocol used by the mobile network

And for the list https://fizz.ca/en/faq/compatible-devices your phone is certified

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    FizzyFizz JQMPM Posts: 6,285 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @GabrielaS , did you check what @elena code xzi4t was suggesting? If you try to make a call after deactivating the wifi, you should keep seeing the LTE on the status bar. If that's the case, VoLTE is actually working. Let us know if you manage to verify that, and don't trust too much what the phone Fizz page says

Answers

• elena code xzi4t
    edited April 18
    Options

Hi @GabrielaS

if the phone was bought from an other store sometime the info shown are not correct

Try to disable the wifi

Make a call

Check that the signal stay in LTE

If during the call the signal is lte this means that the call was a VoLTE

• GabrielaS
    Options

Thank you Elena…"Disable the wifi" - would that mean Wifi calling is available at Fizz?

• GabrielaS
    Options

Just to confirm, phone calls can be placed with wifi disabled. Yes, I checked the list before moving to Fizz, but, IMHO, there is some conflicting info about Pixel 6a.

Thank you for following up…

• Pascal
    Pascal Posts: 5,961 ✭✭
    Options

@GabrielaS maybe when they release the pixel 6A, the VoLTE was not available but now yes with the last system update

• elena code xzi4t
    Options

The Whizz mentioned in a previous post that if the phone was not purchased from Fizz, this kind of error can occur. They will probably fix it in the near future.

• Code:8CE6H
    Code:8CE6H Posts: 8,156 ✭✭
    Options

Hello,

''Pixel 6a VoLTE certified...or not?'' I have de same Pixel and it's ok for me. 👍️

This discussion has been closed.