Transfer Issues

Options
Jessica826
Jessica826 Posts: 7
edited April 13 in My Mobile
So I tried transferring my number. At first I got an error that the IMEI number was incorrect. I reentered and it seemed to work. I got the text from the previous provider to authorize the transfer. I put the Fizz sim in my phone. I can send and receive texts and make phone calls but I cannot receive any. It goes to voicemail. Looking at my account it says activation is pending and it wants me to resubmit the IMEI. But if it wasn't correct the other functions that are currently working would not be, right? I'm very confused.

Answers

• Pascal
    Pascal Posts: 5,996 ✭✭
    Options

contact the customer service

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    FizzyFizz JQMPM Posts: 6,368 ✭✭
    Options

How much time did it passed since you did the activation procedure?

• Code:8CE6H
    Code:8CE6H Posts: 8,162 ✭✭
    Options

Hello Jessica826,

Please contact Fizz: https://fizz.ca/en/support

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 6,521 ✭✭
    edited April 11
    Options

Try to reboot your phone or put it in the Flight mode for 1 minute. If this doesn't help, you should contact customer support as we are all users here.

• Jessica826
    Options
    It was resolved earlier. I had to go back and forth between Fizz and PM with both saying it was a problem with the other provider! PM insisted the IMEI was not correct even when the Fizz support service entered it. Fizz later tried my account number, which I had also tried this morning. Finally that worked even though I had entered in the exact same number myself earlier. Anyway, problem resolved with Fizz support. They were extremely helpful!
  • Jessica826
    Options
    Looks like my reply didn't work. I'll post it again. Long story short, the issue was resolved earlier with Fizz support service, using my account number to transfer my phone number. The IMEI would just not work. They were very helpful!
  • FizzyFizz JQMPM
    FizzyFizz JQMPM Posts: 6,368 ✭✭
    Options

Cool! Thank you for keeping up posted. That will certainly very helpful for people who will be in the same situation in the future. Also you probably are still in your probationary period, that is why your comments are not posted right away (they need to be approved by mods)

• Jessica826
    Options
    I want to add something: I verified the instructions here before I started the transfer, that the Fizz sim is inserted in the phone after the authorization email from the previous provider is responded to. That's what I understood from the instructions provided on the website. However, I learned during the many support chats I had that it's advisable to wait until we receive an email from Fizz to let us know our account is active to actually put the Fizz sim card in the phone.
This discussion has been closed.