not able to send text messages

Options
eric N. #39105
eric N. #39105 Posts: 26 ✭✭
edited March 2 in My Mobile

Hello everyone, I have the LG Velvet 5G purchased from fizz and I recently switch a fully functional sim card into it from another phone. This is my current phone number, not a new sim and everything works, data exchange is fine on cell network. The problem is that I cannot send text messages, I can receive but not send. I have unlimited text on my plan and I have installed the network parameters sent fromm fizz (2 messages installed fine). All network parameters seem to be fine but no can send text messages.

Please help

Best Answer

• elena code xzi4t
    elena code xzi4t Posts: 4,758 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @eric N. #39105

Fizz has this guide that probably can help you

I read multiple post, where they suggested checking the SMSC, since you already checked that you have unlimited text

Did the SMS work on the previous phone?

The number to the SMSC is configured ok?

Make sure your phone is correctly configured for the Short Message Service Center (SMSC).

The number configured in your phone must be: 1-514-424-0053.

The process can vary from one phone model to another. Here are two examples:

Verification on Android: Applications → Touch the Messaging icon → Context Menu (the three points at the top of the screen) → Settings → More Settings → Text Messages 

If this doesn't solve the problem I believe that you should contact the support, stay on the guide, and click on the green bubble that you can find on the bottom right of the page

Answers

• eric N. #39105
    eric N. #39105 Posts: 26 ✭✭
    Options

the number 514-424-0053 is configured correctly but txt still not sending

• elena code xzi4t
    elena code xzi4t Posts: 4,758 ✭✭
    edited February 28
    Options

If you can try in a different phone this can give a more information, but I believe that you need to contact the support

• SuperFizzeur
    SuperFizzeur Posts: 3,777 ✭✭
    Options

Hi @eric N. #39105

Have u tried to reset to factory your phone? I think it's should works after this step.

If it don't work, try your sim in another phone. I think it's not a network cause, but a phone cause.

Have a nice day :)

It's been a pleasure to assist you, i'll be here if u have more questions :)

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    FizzyFizz JQMPM Posts: 6,456 ✭✭
    Options

@eric N. #39105 let us know if you manage to fix your issue and what it was causing it

This discussion has been closed.