Query for International Trip!

Options
shruti02
shruti02 Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited April 3 in Break Room
I shall be visiting Europe for some work in a number of days. However I’m perplexed about getting the SIM card for Europe. I’m not capable of determining which SIM ought to I get for the very best web connectivity? Please recommend some good choices!

Answers

• elena code xzi4t
    elena code xzi4t Posts: 4,480 ✭✭
    Options

Hi @shruti02

Probably you can start telling us which country are you visiting.

Moreover, if you are going for work probably you will better off asking the contact there, for sure they will have more knowledge on the local offer

• Derr
    Derr Posts: 5,478 ✭✭
    Options

Hi @shruti02

I would recommend getting an eSIM if your phone allows it. You can buy it (I used Nomad) here prior to your departure. It worked very well for me in Portugal last October.

You can also buy a physical one at most airports if you prefer.

Have a nice trip!

• SuperFizzeur
    SuperFizzeur Posts: 3,777 ✭✭
    Options

Hi @shruti02

Fizz have an excellent coverage in Europe. You should use your fizz sim card.

Don't worry about the coverage it's excellent :)

Have a nice day,

It's been a pleasure to assist you today :)

• A17
    A17 Posts: 8,137 ✭✭
    Options

Which country shruti02?

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    FizzyFizz JQMPM Posts: 6,095 ✭✭
    Options

Let us know which country/countries are you visiting... in many european countries prepaid service are very very cheap

• zipilgrim
    zipilgrim Posts: 79 ✭✭
    Options

I don't know how much this applies to the rest of Europe, but the last time I was in the UK I just got myself the Fizz travel add-on and it worked very well for my needs, depending on when you're going and when your plan usually resets the addon will be good for anywhere between 30 and 60 days. If you're looking to keep the same phone and number while there then I think this is the best option. Pay-as-you-go in Europe is extremely cheap, so if you don't mind getting another number you can just buy a SIM at the airport when you arrive. If you want to specify your destination then you'll probably receive better advice for the particular country you're going to.

• Liwei
    Liwei Posts: 229 ✭✭
    Options

If you're going to stay in Europe for more than one month, just get a SIM card when you land. They're all good and you'll be paying about $30 for unlimited everything(Data, calls, texts). That's what I did went I spent 3 months in Europe. When the month ended and I'm in a different country, I just get another SIM card from their local phone store. I never needed to do lots of research to get the "best" service provider. They were all good.

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    Options

Yeah you are right... actually in several countries you could pay as low as $10 for such a plan

• PALevesque
    PALevesque Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    Options

Europe phone plans is really cheap, if you provided what country you are planning on visiting we could help better.

• Gramart
    Gramart Posts: 176 ✭✭
    edited March 22
    Options
  • Mark123_2024
    Mark123_2024 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭
    Options
    Depending on the country you'll land, you can find plans between €5-€10 with all included for one month.
  • Mark123_2024
    Options
    Buy a plan from the first shop you find in there. There are all much more cheap than here.
  • FizzyFizz JQMPM
    Options

Even right at the airport you can find mobile shops to buy a sim card

• Mark123_2024
    Options
    > @FizzyFizz JQMPM said:
    > Even right at the airport you can find mobile shops to buy a sim card

The plans for these sim cards are available for the whole Europe.
  • FizzyFizz JQMPM
    Options

That's correct, with the new law you can freely roam in the whole european union

• Gramart
    Gramart Posts: 176 ✭✭
    Options

That's true! It made so convenient traveling around European countries

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    Options

It would be nice to have something like that within Canada or between Canada and USA so users don't have to pay more for a those specific plans

This discussion has been closed.