When does the Beta offer expire in Winnipeg?

Options
Chalupa_Batman
Chalupa_Batman Posts: 9 ✭✭
edited March 25 in Welcome and join
Hello. I'm considering trying this beta program here in Winnipeg but most important, to be able to use it in the US while on vacation. Just wondering how long this offer is ending.
Thanks and look forward to your replies.

Answers

• elena code xzi4t
    elena code xzi4t Posts: 5,566 ✭✭
    Options

Hi @Chalupa_Batman

This is difficult to say, at the moment the expiry date for this beta pricing offer is unknown. It can be next month for what we knows.

However, if you check the price, I believe that are competitive, moreover, with Fizz you can leave when you want.

If you decide to subscribe, remember to use a referral code in order to receive 25$ at your second payment, and if you don't know anyone, you can always pick mine, is on my name after code .... or you can always pick one from here https://forum.fizz.ca/en/discussion/2198337/this-is-the-place-for-your-referral-codes-here-and-only-here

• Code:8CE6H
    Code:8CE6H Posts: 8,295 ✭✭
    Options

What is this beta offer for Winnipeg Chalupa_Batman? It's different than the normal offer?

• elena code xzi4t
    edited February 23
    Options

@Chalupa_Batman I checked on the site they wrote 6 months

A BETA price privilege.

Save big with a percentage discount on the regular price of your mobile plan for six (6) months, starting on the day your SIM card is activated. If you change your plan, you keep your discount.1,2

(1) Fizz is currently in BETA test period for certain eligible regions. During the BETA test period, the end of which is at the discretion of Fizz, a BETA price privilege is applied to any new mobile plan activated in eligible regions. This offer, the BETA price privilege, is subject to change without notice. This privilege, in compensation for any potential glitches that could affect and/or limit services, is a 50% discount on the regular price of your mobile plan, and will be automatically applied every month, for 6 months, starting on the day your SIM card is activated. Requires a compatible device. Should you change your plan, the discount will be applicable to your new plan for the number of months remaining in those initial 6 months. Once your BETA price privilege comes to an end, the discount will be automatically removed, and your plan will switch to its regular price. The terms and conditions of the BETA test period apply and are detailed on https://fizz.ca/en/faq/beta-mobile

(2) Any changes to your plan must be made outside of the freeze period and in accordance with the plan change policy. Offers are subject to change without notice and Fizz cannot guarantee that the plan you are enjoying now will be available or offered under the same conditions in the future.

@A17 it is 50% of the normal price

Options

Special price is good but I'm surprised at the normal price different from here elena.

Each province at a different price?! And if we move from the province, what is the price then?

• Chalupa_Batman
    Options
    Good Evening @elena code xzi4t and @A17
    Thank you for your responses.
    Yes @A17 as posted above, we're getting a SMOKIN good deal on a Can/US plan for $16.50 a month for 6 months to beta test it.
    The reason I asked this question was because I am unable to start anything till my new phone arrives on March 1st.
    I am intrigued by this offer and willing to try it. As per @elena code xzi4t comment about using a referral code for $25 credit to my account on the second payment, that means $24.50 for 3 months to try the service out to see how well it works.
    Thank you both again for the replies. Fingers crossed.
    Options

So Chalupa_Batman, it's really a good offer with the $25... You don't risk anything then

• Chalupa_Batman
    Options
    Hey @A17. I'm still tempted to try out the service. However, I just got word today that my current provider offered almost the same deal (without the half price) but 50GB of data $34 Can/US plan. I took the offer. But I'm still tempted to try out Fizz as a beta tester. I like beta testing things. :-)
  • Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 6,727 ✭✭
    edited February 26
    Options

Wow, Fizz is really doing the great job by reducing the "inflated prices" that have been around for years. Hopefully it will be soon all over the country.

• Chalupa_Batman
    Options
  • elena code xzi4t
    Options

Thank you, you should check constantly the options and price, since Fizz constantly add/remove options and price, if you have time 2 time a month it is good. I know is a job, but if you want to have more data or spend less this can help https://fizz.ca/fr/mobile.

• Chalupa_Batman
    edited March 9
    Options

Here's something odd @elena code xzi4t

First email.

Your SIM card has been ordered and on it's way. Here is your order number.

Then sometime after midnight another email comes.

So I click on it and it takes me to an odd looking page that won't allow me to log in. Go figure. Either way, I'll take the chance and see if the SIM card arrives by Friday. If not, no big loss. Thanks again.

Oh. And this is the offer now, I'll grab this to try it out. I won't even come close to 50GB but eh, still a good offer to try their beta.

• elena code xzi4t
    Options

Fizz is adapting their offer constantly, only at the activation of the SIM you will get the right price and offer.

• SuperFizzeur
    SuperFizzeur Posts: 3,777 ✭✭
    Options

I think the beta phase is something like 1 year. Fizz needs comments from users.

• Chalupa_Batman
    Options

Hey @SuperFizzeur

I totally understand. I just ordered my card on Saturday. I then got an email with my confirmation number saying the card has been ordered and on it's way. Then Sunday morning I got another email telling me I didn't finish my SIM card order. Then I got an email today asking me to do a survey on how I like the service so far. Ha.

I will say, not a well oiled service so far. A few bugs happening here and I haven't even got my SIM card yet. But eh, willing to try the service and give my feedback. I look forward to being a Beta tester.

• Vasiok
    Vasiok Posts: 1,337 ✭✭
    Options

I think you will get the right answer only from customer service.

Good luck!

• PALevesque
    PALevesque Posts: 1,817 ✭✭
    Options

No one can know for sure except maybe fizz costumer service. They are very helpful, send them a message

This discussion has been closed.