Coda 4680: Can I still use IP Passthrough routing mode if I need wifi?

Options
Daniel L. 16119
Daniel L. 16119 Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited March 3 in Break Room

Hey,

• How can I enable IPPT without disabling the wifi broadcast and coda ethernet ports?

I see that the coda 4680 has a IPPT mode and I can choose which port or mac to passthrough. So to me it seems like, has long has i set the passthrough to a different local ip (like 192.168.0.1 is the coda, and 192.168.1.1 is the other router) i could still have the other ports and the wifi on the coda to work?

(if you wonder why, i'm self hosting stuff and want to separate my hardware from my partner pc and phone thus needing the other coda ports and wifi to work. so if i mess up stuff my partner doesn't have to suffer haha)

Thank you for your help

Best regards,

Best Answer

• elena code xzi4t
    elena code xzi4t Posts: 4,749 ✭✭
    edited February 20 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Daniel L. 16119

In the original FW is supposed to be here

however

To me it seems to be equal to use the modem in bridge mode, I believe you should use a router with a VLAN capability if you really need to separate the networks

Answers

• Daniel L. 16119
    Daniel L. 16119 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited February 20
    Options

Hi, my plan is to create different vlans indeed. It also sounds like i could assign a port or a mac address something equal to 'gateway mode'. Thanks for your participation, I read the manual already.

• e_ch
    e_ch Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Options

I tried this and ultimately gave up because it got complicated fast. The NAT has a hard time discriminating pass-through traffic and traffic from the other devices and traffic between devices didn't forward correctly so connectivity on the LAN was not reliable. I ended up using bridge mode with a separate wireless router.

This discussion has been closed.