No incoming SMS after porting number to Fizz

Options
jasanson
jasanson Posts: 5
edited February 12 in My Mobile
A ticket has been created with tech support but its the third day and no recent updates.

I have an iPhone 11 and I can make and receive phone calls and send SMS.
I can't receive SMS - huge problem.

The Phone does not show the phone number I ported in the My Number area and due to this I can't receive iMessages to the number either.

I contacted Apple support and they have confirmed its a carrier (Fizz) issue.

I checked the Fizz website and under My Phone it shows a different model iPhone and not the IMEI thats on the SIM.

Has anyone else had this problem and how long did it take tech support to fix this. This is the third day.

Tech support updates ended yesterday morning - with "we are working on it"

The first level support can't get updates or timelines which is very frustrating.

Does anyone think ordering a new SIM and then transferring the service to a new SIM will fix this issue?

Answers

• elena code xzi4t
    elena code xzi4t Posts: 4,507 ✭✭
    edited February 11
    Options

Sorry @jasanson,

but we cannot contact the second level, can you try to insert the SIM in a different phone (a family member or a friend). No I dont think that changing the SIM it will help

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 6,498 ✭✭
    Options

You can escalate your case by going to

Settings -> Contact forms -> Submit a complaint

• Patricia C5YQZ
    Patricia C5YQZ Posts: 2,705 ✭✭
    Options

Did you try to go in a Apple Stores ? Sometimes Apple can do something more faster than the provider

• elena code xzi4t
    elena code xzi4t Posts: 4,507 ✭✭
    Options

@jasanson

Can you try to go in Settings app, tap Messages. Turn iMessage off try with this if this doesn't help, try tu turn on again.

I will also try to reset the network settings

IMPORTANT: This operation will also reset your WiFi settings, mobile data, Bluetooth, etc.

The steps to follow to reset your network settings will vary depending on the type of phone. Here are two examples:

iPhone: Settings → General → Reset → Reset network settings

• jasanson
    jasanson Posts: 5
    Options
    > @elena code xzi4t said:
    > @jasanson
    > Can you try to go in Settings app, tap Messages. Turn iMessage off try with this if this doesn't help, try tu turn on again.
    > I will also try to reset the network settings
    > IMPORTANT: This operation will also reset your WiFi settings, mobile data, Bluetooth, etc.
    > The steps to follow to reset your network settings will vary depending on the type of phone. Here are two examples:
    > iPhone: Settings → General → Reset → Reset network settings

I have removed the SIM and installed multiple times, turned off and then turned back on iMessage and reset the Network settings. No change - still no incoming SMS and iMessage can't even see a phone number connected to the SIM.

Fizz first level support has told me that the problem is not on the phone or SIM but in their network equipment (software/hardware)

Its hard for me to understand how this is only effecting me and at the same time that it could take days to fix - it's the end of day three or porting my number and having no incoming SMS and no iMessage connected to my phone number.

I understand that Fizz is in Beta and that in Winnipeg it's all Fizz EXT with the new MVNO arrangement but you expect minor issues in stability not complete lack of symmetrical SMS service.
This discussion has been closed.