DDNS setup via DuckDNS and FIZZ CODA-4680

Options
KJacobs
KJacobs Posts: 6
edited February 8 in Break Room
Hi Everyone,
i haven't found a solution to this googling and talking to the support, but maybe I am doing a simple mistake that i can't see anymore.

I have set up a Duck DNS account and tried connecting a NAS to the address. However when i ping the address the request times out.

A FIZZ support has directed me to the "Advanced" tab of the router, and there are settings for the duckdns domain. I entered my info as indicated in the screenshot. However, i get an error message "Please fill in the DDNS form !".

That is where i am stuck. Any idea why this occurs?

Answers

• elena code xzi4t
    elena code xzi4t Posts: 4,483 ✭✭
    Options

Hi @KJacobs

It seems a problem with the form, in the pass I used noip.com without any problem, probably you can give it a try

• KJacobs
    Options
    Screenshot:
  • elena code xzi4t
    Options

Probably you forgot to attach the screenshot

• KJacobs
    Options
    Well, i have attached the screenshot to both posts, but it seems to be filtered automatically or manually. I redacted personal information, so, not sure what should be the issue. I attach it here again. If it does not show up: it basically shows the filled out form and the error message.

> @elena code xzi4t said:
    > Hi @KJacobs
    > It seems a problem with the form, in the pass I used noip.com without any problem, probably you can give it a try

Indeed, it seems to be a bug that needs fixing!
    The router offers functionality for duckdns (dropdown menu shows duckdns as one of the options). I don't want to use noip.
  • Kolanget
    Kolanget Posts: 9 ✭✭
    Options
    Try live chat! First go to help, then community hub, once there scroll down until à green bubble pops up on the left, press it then press the bottom one🤘
  • KJacobs
    Options
    The technical support was not able to help me, but offered to send me a technician home for a 60$ fee. I have trouble seeing how a technician could help me with this. Therefore, I politely declined.
  • elena code xzi4t
    Options

@KJacobs

I already read that in order to be able to use the port forward your connection should be done from outside your network, if you have a VPN try to activate it, and connect to your NAS. The ping is not a really good test, probably the router is dropping it