How do I transfer my current virtual number from Sonetel to Fizz?

Options
JC00
JC00 Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited December 2023 in Phones
Is it possible to transfer, or are there specific procedures for transferring a virtual number between telecommunications providers?

Best Answer

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,108 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @JC00

At the moment you can only transfer number that are previously associated with a mobile

Note that a number transfer cannot be done on a line that is already active with Fizz.

Your phone number must be a mobile number. If it's associated with a landline or VOIP, it cannot be transferred over to Fizz. Same goes for an administrative phone number — for example, a number associated with an organization or public institution.

If your number starts with an area code outside the Fizz subscription area, your number cannot be transferred.

source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/activation-how-do-i-transfer-my-current-phone-number-to-fizz

Answers

• Easygolucky
    Easygolucky Posts: 1,089 ✭✭
    Options

Transferring a virtual number like the one you have with Sonetel to Fizz can be a bit different from transferring a regular mobile number, but it's often possible. Here's a general idea of how you might go about it:

1. Check Portability: First, you need to check if your Sonetel number is portable to Fizz. Not all virtual numbers are eligible for transfer to all providers. You can usually find this information on Fizz's website or by contacting their customer service.
    2. Unlock Your Number: Ensure that your number is not locked or under any contract that prohibits porting with Sonetel. You might need to contact Sonetel to confirm this.
    3. Gather Required Information: You’ll need your Sonetel account information, such as the account number and PIN (if applicable). This information is required to authenticate the transfer request.
    4. Initiate the Transfer with Fizz: You can start the transfer process by signing into your Fizz account. There should be an option to transfer your number when you're setting up your service or within your account settings. Follow the prompts and enter the necessary information from Sonetel.
    5. Wait for the Transfer to Complete: Transferring a number can take a few hours to a few days. During this time, your Sonetel service should continue to work.
    6. Confirm the Transfer: Once the transfer is complete, Fizz will usually notify you, and you can start using your number with their service.

A couple of key points to remember:

• Keep your Sonetel account active until the transfer is complete. If the account is closed before the transfer, you might lose the number.
    • There might be fees associated with porting a number, so check with both Sonetel and Fizz for any applicable charges.

If you run into any issues or need specific guidance, the best course of action is to contact Fizz customer support directly. They can provide the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding the porting process for their services.

• Easygolucky
    Easygolucky Posts: 1,089 ✭✭
    Options

If you need to contact Fizz customer service, they will create a ticket if the situation warrants it.

We cannot contact directly to technical support.

The idea of this page https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us is to explain how you can access the chat bubble. If you do a search in the Solution Hub related to your issue and access the help page the chat bubble will appear at the right corner.

If the chat bubble does not appear, this means that the number of sessions waiting for our answers surpasses our processing capacity. If that happens, send us a private message via Facebook Messenger or Twitter.

• JC00
    Options
    Thanks for the responses.
  • JC00
    Options
    Thanks for the responses.
This discussion has been closed.