25% for a phone perk. Can I give the phone?

Options
Nickfizz
Nickfizz Posts: 9 ✭✭

I have this perk, still available for 35 days. Can I buy a new phone at Fizz store with it and then give the phone to a family member who will use it under his own fizz account?

Best Answer

• Easygolucky
    Easygolucky Posts: 1,089 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes, you can definitely use your 25% phone perk from Fizz to purchase a new phone and then give it to a family member. The perk you have is applied to the purchase of a phone from the Fizz store, and once you've bought the phone, it's yours to do as you please. Here's how it can work:

1. Use the Perk for Purchase: When you select a phone in the Fizz store, you can apply your 25% off perk to the purchase. This discount will reduce the price of the phone at the point of sale.
    2. No Restrictions After Purchase: After you've bought the phone, there are no restrictions on what you can do with it. It's like any other phone purchase - once you own it, you're free to give it to someone else.
    3. Using the Phone on Another Fizz Account: Your family member can use the phone under their own Fizz account without any issues. The phone is not tied to your account just because you used a perk to buy it.
    4. Check the Perk's Terms: Just to be safe, quickly review the terms of the perk. It's always good practice to make sure there are no special conditions attached to the use of the perk.
    5. Timeframe: Remember, you mentioned the perk is available for 35 more days, so you'll want to make the purchase before it expires.

Answers

• omg_jh
    omg_jh Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

I believe you can give the phone to a family member without any issue, BUT the account you purchased the phone with must stay with an active for 24 months following the purchase

Fizz says :

This limited-time offer consists of applying the promotional rebate indicated on the suggested retail price of the phone in question. The rebate is conditional on (i) maintaining for an uninterrupted period of 24 months a Fizz mobile plan that is already active at the time of the phone’s purchase or (ii) activating a Fizz mobile plan within 7 days of receiving the phone in question (for members who do not already have an active Fizz mobile plan) and maintaining it for 24 months. If either condition is not met, you will be required to refund the prorated portion of the promotional rebate corresponding to the number of months remaining in the initial 24-month term.

See https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-promotional-rebates-offered-some-phones-sold-fizz-work for more info

• Nickfizz
    Nickfizz Posts: 9 ✭✭
    Options

Thanks. But here this is not a special price on a phone. This is a perk offering 25%. The link your refer to does not mention perks, hence my question.