I want to buy a second hand phone but no contract

Options
Izzabellem
Izzabellem Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited November 2023 in Phones

I want to buy a second hand phone but no contract, its stated -no mimimum contract- but they stil put a 10 $ min contract! I just want the phone1

Best Answer

• NinjaMarky
    NinjaMarky Posts: 1,626 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

which phone are you looking to buy?

from what i see, fizz phones at regular price are sold without a contract.

when there is a markdown or discount, there is usually a contract. this clause is included in the sales agreement:

This limited-time offer consists of applying the promotional rebate indicated on the suggested retail price of the phone in question. The rebate is conditional on (i) maintaining for an uninterrupted period of 24 months a Fizz mobile plan that is already active at the time of the phone’s purchase or (ii) activating a Fizz mobile plan within 7 days of receiving the phone in question (for members who do not already have an active Fizz mobile plan) and maintaining it for 24 months. If either condition is not met, you will be required to refund the prorated portion of the promotional rebate corresponding to the number of months remaining in the initial 24-month term.

fizz applies the same principle to their new and used phones as well.

Answers

• Easygolucky
    Easygolucky Posts: 1,089 ✭✭
    Options

If you're looking to buy a second-hand phone through Fizz but they're mentioning a $10 minimum contract, despite stating 'no minimum contract', here’s what you could do:

1. Get Clarification from Fizz: Contact Fizz directly to clarify this point. Sometimes there could be a promotional detail or a specific condition that's not immediately obvious. Ask them specifically about the 'no minimum contract' claim and why there's a $10 charge.
    2. Alternative Buying Options: If Fizz's terms don't suit you, you might want to look elsewhere for a second-hand phone. Places like Kijiji, eBay, or Facebook Marketplace often have lots of options for phones without any contract.
    3. Retail Stores: Some electronic retail stores also sell second-hand or refurbished phones without any contract requirements. These can be a bit more expensive but are usually reliable.
    4. Understand the $10 Charge: Make sure you know what this $10 is for. Is it a service fee, a one-time setup charge, or something else? Understanding this can help you decide if it's worth it or if you should look elsewhere.
    5. Negotiate If Possible: If you're really into the phone they're offering but not the $10 charge, try negotiating. Fizz might be flexible, especially if you're already their customer.

This discussion has been closed.