Motorola Edge 2023 and VoLTE Compatability

Options
Jberard
Jberard Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited November 2023 in Phones

Anyone using the new Motorola Edge 2023? Just wondering if it is compatable with VoLTE on Fizz? It isn't on their list of compatable devices, but it's still very new.

Best Answer

• Easygolucky
    Easygolucky Posts: 1,089 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

As a Fizz user, I can share some insights regarding the compatibility of new devices like the Motorola Edge 2023 with Fizz's VoLTE service. While I don't personally use the Motorola Edge 2023, here's what you might want to consider:

1. Compatibility List: If the Motorola Edge 2023 isn't on Fizz’s official list of compatible devices for VoLTE, it could simply be due to the device's newness. Fizz often updates their list as they test and confirm compatibility with newer models.
    2. General Compatibility: Generally, newer smartphones, especially from well-known brands like Motorola, tend to support VoLTE. However, whether they work seamlessly with a specific carrier's VoLTE service can vary.
    3. User Experiences: It's a good idea to check Fizz’s community forums or ask around in user groups. Other users who have tried the Motorola Edge 2023 with Fizz might be able to provide firsthand information.
    4. Software Updates: Sometimes, compatibility issues can be resolved through software updates. Ensure your phone is updated to the latest software version.
    5. Testing It Yourself: If you already have the phone, the best way to confirm is by testing it yourself. You can check if the VoLTE option is available and enabled in your phone’s settings while using a Fizz SIM card.
    6. Contacting Fizz Support: If you're still uncertain, reaching out to Fizz support might provide more clarity. They can offer the most recent information on device compatibility.
    7. Carrier Settings: Sometimes, a carrier update might be needed for new devices to function correctly with all network features, including VoLTE.

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,108 ✭✭
    Options

Hi @Jberard

You are right is not in the list https://fizz.ca/en/faq/compatible-devices if you have the possibility to test you need to do this

• Disconnect the wifi
    • make a call
    • if the signal stay in LTE this means that the call used the VoLTE

The list is evolving, therefore, it can be that it will be added in the near future.

• Easygolucky
    Easygolucky Posts: 1,089 ✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

If you need to contact Fizz customer service, they will create a ticket if the situation warrants it.

We cannot contact directly to technical support.

The idea of this page https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us is to explain how you can access the chat bubble. If you do a search in the Solution Hub related to your issue and access the help page the chat bubble will appear at the right corner.

If the chat bubble does not appear, this means that the number of sessions waiting for our answers surpasses our processing capacity. If that happens, send us a private message via Facebook Messenger or Twitter.

This discussion has been closed.