What is your opinion of the Fizz mobile?

Options
Easygolucky
Easygolucky Posts: 1,089 ✭✭
edited November 2023 in Break Room

Hi, I am wondering what the opinion of Fizz mobile is?

Best Answers

• J_L_79471_ref_F77OI
    J_L_79471_ref_F77OI Posts: 129 ✭✭
    edited November 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

@Easygolucky

As long as you are comfortable with a customer service done by chat (nobody to actually talk to), it's great. Been with them for 3 years, I'm satisfied with what I got.

If you decide to switch to Fizz, now is the right time, they have great prices on different plans at the moment. You can easily readjust your plan as you go.

• Kyle C. #853
    Kyle C. #853 Posts: 86 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I have been a member for 5 years, since the beginning. The first few months was rough because texts often didn't arrive and things were unstable. But I was paying like $7 per month as beta price so it was worth it. After year 1 everything on mobile was reliable and I love my plan. I have had the same plan ever since. Home wi-fi was stable and reliable since day 1. I bought my Pixel 7 Pro on a huge sale ($740 off) in December 2022.

Throughout the 5 years I made it high in the levels (almost level 9) and got lots of savings thanks to the referral credits.

The website often has bugs and chat can be annoying, but the positives have vastly outweighed those tiny negatives for me. Chat has always made a ticket my for the problem i bring to them though.

Now I am eagerly awaiting the final 5th anniversary surprise. if it's not mobile plan related, I will probably change to the 40gb/$40 plan :)

• zipilgrim
    zipilgrim Posts: 79 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I've been with Fizz for a year and a half now. I've heard a lot of complaints about the service not being as good because it's cheaper than other providers, but honestly? I was with Fido for almost 15 years before this, paying almost triple what I pay now, and Fido's customer service was absolutely awful anyway. I frankly prefer the online chat to having to call and then wait for an hour on the phone for someone to pick up. I don't think it's for everyone, there's certainly more micromanaging involved if you want to optimize your plans and your cost (you have to check every 2 or 3 months to see if a better plan is available, they change quite often) but I've found it to be absolutely worth it.

One thing I can say is that switching providers has now become so incredibly easy and straightforward, compared to a decade ago. I"d just switch and try Fizz out and see if you like it. There are good chances your old provider will send you an offer better than anything they've ever given you to try to lure you back, if by then you decide you're unsatisfied with Fizz just go back and you'll be a winner anyway! You get to keep your number through the whole process anyway, and the hassle is honestly minimal.

Good luck regardless of what you decide!

• Vanni
    Vanni Posts: 27 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I have been with Fizz for 5 years and I am quite happy.

In my opinion, these are the positive sides:

• extreme flexibility: you can change your plan every month, you can select the features you are interested in and leave out the ones you don't care about. I can do without voicemail, SMS and unlimited calls, I only buy add-ons when needed;
    • data rollover
    • data gifting
    • affordable Canada+US plans

The downsides are:

• Chat-only customer service, and hardly ever helpful
    • no 5G coverage
    • no voice service outside Canada and US, only data/SMS service available
    • eSIM not supported

If you can live with the downsides, the price is normally quite competitive.

• ThePhil
    ThePhil Posts: 8 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I came from Virgin Plus about 7 months ago. I really love Fizz's approach to cell phone plans. The freedom and transparency is great. The ability to rollover dat, get perks and rewards is amazing.

Downsides for me are that mobile service isn't the best (only 1 4G band on my phone) compounded with the lack of Wifi calling make calls difficult in several areas of my house.

I also don't really like that Fizz hasn't adjusted their Black Friday pricing to compete with other budget carriers.

Otherwise, things have been awesome in my experience. Never had to deal with customer service so I guess that shows how well things have been for me lol
  • wayne
    wayne Posts: 244 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

the website is indeed glitchy. But like others said the savings outweighs the inconvenience. Home internet has been stable so far but I guess that depends on the service area. Also I’m using my own router so that might helps a little bit.

Answers