How do I disable AP isolation to connect smart TV

Options
Tats3208
Tats3208 Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited September 2023 in Internet
My smart TV use VIDAA app but it seems to be unable to connect to my Wifi or even be found as a device. It tells me to disable AP isolation. How do I do that? Thank you!!!!

Best Answer

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,086 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Tats3208

Try to disable the band steering and connect both device on the same frequency to see if this solves your problem

2.4GHz and 5GHz Wi-Fi band steering

Wi-Fi band steering is a technology used to deploy dual Wi-Fi bands that allow compatible devices to primarily use the more powerful and less-problematic 5GHz band.

With the band steering function, only one Wi-Fi network name will be displayed. Each compatible device will automatically connect to its optimal frequency (2.4Ghz or 5Ghz) to make the user experience seamless.

Modifying this option is possible thanks to the Fizz Wi-Fi app:

Choose ''My Wi-Fi''

Select your Wi-Fi network

Advanced settings

Band steering

The Fizz Wi-Fi app is available free of charge in the Apple Store and Google Play Store.

You can also adjust band steering using Fizz Wi-Fi modem user interface:

1) Open a web browser on any device and navigate to: 192.168.0.1

2) Connect using the following information:

Username: cusadmin

Password: xxxxxxxx (enter the new password you selected during initial configuration)

3) Navigate to to the following section to make any changes:

Wireless ->Advanced -> 2.4 Ghz or 5Ghz -> Band Steering (Disable)

If you do not remember the password you entered during setup, reset your Wi-Fi modem to its factory settings by pressing the reset button on the back of your modem for ten seconds.

Answers

• swatt
    swatt Posts: 3,544 ✭✭
    Options

Hello @Tats3208

You can try to connect an ethernet cable directly from your tv to the Fizz modem/router.

This discussion has been closed.