Suggestion if you have Internet disruption

Options
FC
FC Posts: 118 ✭✭
edited August 2023 in Break Room

I am Fizz internet client since 2019. I am veyr happy in the past years. However, my internet keep cutting this year. I did many times to reboot / reset following the instructions; but the problem keep coming back. I'm even planing to switch to Videotron when they have promotion. Luckily, I found the reason two weeks ago, and the problem solved now.

I installed an EV charger for my car. It is too close to the internet cable. I realized that there may be interference of Videotron Cable and the power cable. So, I move the modem to another room which has the same Videotron Cable but far away from the EV charger power cable. Now, everything goes normal. I chatted with Fizz rep. to check if I still have cuts (may be there were cuts but I was not use the internet, so I may not know there are cuts), they said there is no even one cut since the day I moved the modem.

So, if your internet keeps cutting, make sure the Videotron Cable and modem / router are far away from the power cable, or other devices which may interference each other.

Hope this experience can help.

Answers

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for sharing.

• AK20230110
    AK20230110 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭
    Options

Interesting experience!

Thanks for sharing

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,094 ✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

For sure a surge of 11kW electromagnetic interference

• victor P. #24677
    victor P. #24677 Posts: 27 ✭✭
    Options

That’s good to know for further problems any other people might encounter 👍🏻

• E S.
    E S. Posts: 409 ✭✭
    Options

That's likely due to frequency overlap from higher voltage electronic devices.