Buying discounted phone on fizz, can I keep changing my plan ?

Options
Rammy
Rammy Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited August 2023 in Phones

I intend to buy a discounted phone on fizz and it's mentioned I should maintain the mobile plan for the next 24 months. However can I keep changing the plan, like to a basic minimum whenever I don't utilize the service much, will this be considered as violation of terms

Best Answer

• Sébastien code ZXEL1
    Sébastien code ZXEL1 Posts: 6,835 ✭✭
    edited August 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

in reality the 24 months is only for phones with a fizz discount you just need to have an active fizz mobile plan regardless of the price of the plan

If you leave Fizz before the end of that period, we’ll for one be very sad to see you go. Two, you’ll have to refund the prorated portion of the promotional rebate corresponding to the number of months remaining on the initial term of this period. This amount will be invoiced using the payment method associated with your Fizz plan when you unsubscribe. The same billing method will be used if you had chosen to pay in monthly instalments with Affirm: no amount will be added to your agreement with Affirm.  

These fees are not penalty fees. The promotional rebate you enjoyed when you purchased the phone is simply divided by the number of months corresponding to the uninterrupted period that applies to you. You therefore only pay the portion of the rebate that corresponds to the leftover months during which you will no longer have an active Fizz mobile plan. 

Here’s how to calculate the amount due: 

1- Locate the rebate on your invoice. Or, if you’re shopping and haven’t purchased yet, the amount of the rebate corresponds to the difference between the crossed-out price and the price that is posted.  

2- Divide that amount by 12 or 24 depending on your situation. Let’s call that result the monthly portion of the rebate. 

Ex. $120/12=$10/month 

3- Calculate the number of months from your purchase date to the date at which your plan will be deactivated.

A part-month is rounded up to a full month.

So for example, for 4 months and 2 weeks, we’ll use 5 months.

4- Substract these months from the initial months (12 or 24 depending on your situation) to get the number of leftover months. 

Ex. 12-5 = 7. There are therefore 7 months left. 

5- Multiply the monthly portion of the rebate with the number of leftover months to get the amount due. 

Ex. $10/month x 7 months = $70 + taxes 

Answers

This discussion has been closed.