Unlimited data perk

Options
Mordy
Mordy Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hi, I activated a perk of unlimited data for 24 hours. It then showed In USE. After a few hours of using data I went back to my account and it showed that I had used up a lot of my data.

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,098 ✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hi @Mordy

Do you have a screenshot of the usage? You are supposed to have a block with a Perks of 0GB and the arrow pointing to this.

You can contact the support to validate with them

You can chat in direct

• Sign into your account

• Follow the link on this page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-unable-log-my-fizz-account-what-do-i-do

• Wait 3 seconds for the green bubble with a '❔' appears at the bottom right of the browser, if you use a phone you must use it in desktop or horizontal mode

• Choose the option 💬 chat

• If the green bubble does not appear make sure your ad blocker is disabled, otherwise try with another browser.

Or by private message on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fizzca/

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 6,526 ✭✭
    Options

Data is definitely used but with this Perk it should not be counted.

e.g. You had 2GB remaining, you activated the Perk and during the day you used 1GB. If you check your daily usage, it will show 1GB but data remaining still will be 2GB.

• Mordy
    Options

I have used this perk before without an issue and I understand how it works. What I meant by it used up data, was that it was deducting it from the data I have left.

• Jess_i88b6
    Options

You need to contact the support

you can open a ticket asking for the data back

• J_L_79471_ref_F77OI
    J_L_79471_ref_F77OI Posts: 131 ✭✭
    Options

@Mordy

Did it use data from your plan or data someone gifted you?

From what I saw in other posts, gifted data is always used first, before everything else.

If it used data from your plan, it's not normal, contact support.

• Jess_i88b6
    Options

If this is the case it is still a problem, since the perk has a 1 day validity which in 99% of the case should convert the normal situation

If you have a data gifted or rollover or you own data with a day of validity, it is not a good strategy to activate the perk on that day

Therefore, if it used the gifted data with more than a day validity, this must be an error

• Mordy
    Options

Thank you, customer support was very helpful.

• J_L_79471_ref_F77OI
    J_L_79471_ref_F77OI Posts: 131 ✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

@Jess_i88b6

Possible.

But also possible that Fizz puts the gifted data on top to be used first in order to preserve the spirit of this feature, which is sharing, giving a little help when needed by the end of the month, once in a while. Thus preventing it to become a way of life.

But we don't even know if it's the case here.

Anyway, I'm leaving for a few days, and just activated one of those, I'll see what is taken first. Here is what I have at the moment, I just began a new cycle, only a bit of the transfer had been used befor adding the 0 Mo gift:

• Cédric D. #30938
    Options

After a short discussion with a Fizz representative, they confirmed that it simply won't kick in if you have any gifted data remaining :

"Following my verification on your account, I could observe that your perk of unlimited data didn't work due to the fact that you received data as a gift and the gifted data was prioritized. You can also see this data in your account > My plans > Usage. Please read more about viewing usage here: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-view-my-usage"

In my case, I had 1GB gifted data left, and used over 2GB on that day, which meant draining 1GB of my own data while the perk was active. Despite being activated it did not cover any usage and was still consumed.

As gifting data is one of the core features, this perk is misleading at best - I feel like a lot of users will end up draining their data like I did, thinking that they are covered...