I can’t have my number transfer

Options
Mariann1806
Mariann1806 Posts: 1 ✭✭

I’m new at fizz and I did a request to transfer my cellphone number from my old supplier to fizz. So I answered yes on iMessage to transfer my number my old supplier said thank we will inform your new supplier that you confirm the transfer. After that I change my sims card and when I woke up the next day I received an email from fizz saying the transfer didn’t work so I called my old supplier and told me that they confirm the transfer can be done to any other supplier but since yesterday I can’t call and I don’t have lte just the SOS sign in the up right of my screen someone help?

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,293 ✭✭
    Options

Hi @Mariann1806

Sorry here we are users you need to contact the support

You can chat in direct

• Sign into your account

• Follow the link on this page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-unable-log-my-fizz-account-what-do-i-do

• Wait 3 seconds for the green bubble with a '❔' appears at the bottom right of the browser, if you use a phone you must use it in desktop or horizontal mode

• Choose the option 💬 chat

• If the green bubble does not appear make sure your ad blocker is disabled, otherwise try with another browser.

Or by private message on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fizzca/

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,293 ✭✭
    Options

Sorry I don't understand this

I called my old supplier and told me that they confirm the transfer can be done to any other supplier but since yesterday

If the transfer can be done, it means that the number is still with them?

Did you try the old card?

• Sébastien code ZXEL1
    Sébastien code ZXEL1 Posts: 7,029 ✭✭
    Options
    Numbers that cannot be transferred.
    1. While the vast majority of phone numbers can be transferred, there are exceptions.
    3. Your phone number must be a mobile number. If it's associated with a landline or VOIP, it cannot be transferred over to Fizz. Same goes for an administrative phone number — for example, a number associated with an organization or public institution.
    5. If your number starts with an area code outside the Fizz subscription area, your number cannot be transferred.

• whothefuckispedro
    whothefuckispedro Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Options

Have you tried to

a)take your sim out

b)reboot /perform a hard-restart on your device

c) wait ~1-5minutes

d)put sim back in and perform one more hard restart for good luck

e) all of the above, in that order ; usually did the trick with same issue transferring from any which two providers you deal with

• kkl
    kkl Posts: 37 ✭✭
    Options

Sometimes there's a mismatch in the account holder information, then the transfer will get rejected.