Updates on VoLTE migration and certified phone

Options
FizzyFizz JQMPM
FizzyFizz JQMPM Posts: 6,557 ✭✭

I just wanted to share that I contacted Fizz customer support to ask if and when I would be migrated to VoLTE and I've been told that the migration happened for me as soon as I switched from the old sim to the new one (about 3 months ago). However, since I don't have a VoLTE certified phone, I can't use the service. I'm gonna try with a certified phone of a friend soon to see if I can retain the service once I pop the sim card back in my uncertified phone.

I will keep you posted!

Best Answer

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,293 ✭✭
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @FizzyFizz JQMPM

The provisioning information must be linked to the phone therefore, when you put back the SIM on a not VoLTE certified phone it should not work as VoLTE

But try doesn't hurt

Answers

• Sébastien code ZXEL1
    Sébastien code ZXEL1 Posts: 7,029 ✭✭
    Options

in reality you can do a test deactivate the wifi and make a call if it remains in lte it is compatible my if not not urgent to change your phone there and it is possible that fizz certifies your volte model

• AK20230110
    AK20230110 Posts: 4,221 ✭✭
    Options

Yeah maybe the list of certified phones will be updated! Like Sebastien said 🤞

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭
    Options

Any news @FizzyFizz JQMPM ?

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    Options

Hey guys, sorry I couldn't access the website for the last few days. I didn't try yet but I remember reading here in the community about a user who was able to use volte on an uncertified phone, just by first inserting the sim card in a certified one. When he popped the sim once again in the uncertified one, he/she said it was still working... that's why I want to try. I will let you know tomorrow... I realized my girlfriend has a iphone 8, which is certified... I will try with that.

This is actually very annoying since her phone has been released 2 years before mine and Fizz did certify it...

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    Options

I finally tried with my girfriend's iphone 8 and volte worked well with her phone. However, as expected, when I put the sim card back in my phone, it didn't work anymore. I will keep my fingers crossed hoping that Fizz certify my phone soon!