what's going on with Fizz in 2023 ?

Options
Guillermo L.
Guillermo L. Posts: 7 ✭✭
edited July 2023 in My Mobile

My VoLTE migration is a mess and doesn't work. The new VoLTE card hasn't changed anything, I still can't call in the USA. My phone is VoLTE compatible and always has been since it's introduction (OnePlus 9 5G). The Fizz VoLTE certified phone list is jokingly small and ignores the majority of smartphone brands including mine. Secondly I modified my mobile plan June 7th from 12GB Canada + USA at 49$ per month to 20GB Canada + USA at 43$ per month. The change was scheduled to take effect July 1st. July 1st comes, lo and behold, nothing happens, the plan never changed. After 4 days of back and forth with a bunch incompetent customer service representative all they could say is "wait for next month". I refused but they don't care. Guess what? Now the new plan I'm supposed to have in August is 48$ instead of 43$. What the hell is going on ? Seriously who is employed by this company, it always feels like I'm talking to a bunch of undeveloped AI programs everytime I have a problem. Even incompetent people would do a better job. I've been with Fizz for 5 years, the tech support and service have never been able to resolve any of my problems when I needed them, every goddamn time I'm the one finding a solution after racking my head for two weeks. The only reason I'm still with fizz and put up with the bullshit it's because they're cheap compared to other providers. But now their are dangerously getting closer to other providers. I don't know if I can keep going like this. A service that I'm never sure if it's gonna work when I needed.

PS. I left some pictures explaining my latest problems, VoLTE failed migration (my phone has VoLTE active but the SIM doesn't recognize it as a VoLTE compatible phone) and the phone plan change bug followed by an unannounced price increased for August from 43$ to 48$ per month.

Best Answers

• Gablav91
    Gablav91 Posts: 1,078 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Contact Fizz on Messenger to have your original price. Good luck!

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,293 ✭✭
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Sorry to let you know, but the OnePlus is not certified, therefore, cannot be used for VoLTE Calls, at least for now.

Regarding the plan changed they had a huge problem and you are suppose to have received an email saying something about it

You can chat in direct

• Sign into your account

• Follow the link on this page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-unable-log-my-fizz-account-what-do-i-do

• Wait 3 seconds for the green bubble with a '❔' appears at the bottom right of the browser, if you use a phone you must use it in desktop or horizontal mode

• Choose the option 💬 chat

• If the green bubble does not appear make sure your ad blocker is disabled, otherwise try with another browser.

Or by private message on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fizzca/

• AK20230110
    AK20230110 Posts: 4,221 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Good luck, many of them are not certified, for now

Answers

• Thierry C. #38944
    Thierry C. #38944 Posts: 225 ✭✭
    Options

Oh man that's really odd! Just checked on my side for the phone plan and for those settings i'm also getting 48$ with the 43$ for only 10gb, hope you manage to talk to someone helpful to sort that out and get your original price! Good luck! 😓

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    FizzyFizz JQMPM Posts: 6,557 ✭✭
    Options

If I remember correctly someone here in the community solved it by popping the sim card in a volte certified phone and then popping it back in the uncertified one and volte kept working fine. If you have access to another phone you could try that

• Sébastien code ZXEL1
    Sébastien code ZXEL1 Posts: 7,029 ✭✭
    Options

yes your has always worked your phone with Fizz my with the called g3 my it must be certified for the Fizz volte we hope that will be certified by then Fizz of the g3 which is for the moment the end of 2025 maybe before anyone it is

for the change of plan, several have encountered the same problem, Fizz says who has them a technical problem, I find it a shame that fizz is not trying to solve the problem for who is the same price and compensated the subscribers

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭
    Options

For the price, don't give up, they need to apply the price you requested and reimburse you the difference.

• Guillermo L.
    Guillermo L. Posts: 7 ✭✭
    Options

Sorry for the long rant I'm just kind of frustrated with the amount times I've had to contact customer service by messenger since 2018. Today it simply boiled over. Thanks for the answers, for the SIM situation I know there's not much else I can do other than wait. For the price change, I contacted them immediately after the post. I just recieved an answer from them saying that they created a ticket to remediate the situation.