My upload speed is just 0.09 mbps

Delian
Delian Posts: 4 ✭✭

Right now I running a test which shows me that my upload speed is just 0.09 mbps. Rebooting the modem didn't help nor factory resetting it. Please check and fix that issue.

Thank you

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,648 ✭✭
    edited July 2023

Hi @Delian

This can depend on your wifi, did you try with a computer connected directly to the modem

From the guide

Make note of the various sources of attenuation of your Wi-Fi signal

The waves in your Wi-Fi network may be attenuated by various obstacles and sources of interference, causing speed drops and partial or complete disconnections of your internet connection.

Sources of interference include:

Nearby Wi-Fi networks

Surveillance cameras

Baby monitors

Microwave ovens

Etc.

Obstacles to Wi-Fi waves include:

Construction materials (concrete, aluminum, etc.)

Heated flooring

Mirrors

Windows

Etc.

If you are unable to change your environment to limit sources of Wi-Fi signal attenuation, it would be better to use a network cable (RJ45).

A cable is included in the original box of your Fizz Wi-Fi modem.

If you have only one device, make sure you test it with other websites, browsers and apps

If the low speed is limited to one browser, one website or only one application, uninstall the browser or application from your device.

If the situation remains unchanged after you reinstall the browser or application, consult support for this particular product.

Do some speed tests

Perform some speed tests using the Fizz Wi-Fi app. This app is available for free on Google Play Store and Apple Store.

Google Play: Click here 

App Store: Click here 

Do multiple tests with different devices and at multiple locations around your home.

Compare the results obtained at the downstream (Download) and upstream (Download) speeds of your Fizz Home Internet plan.

If possible, also a speed test with a device plugged in using a network cable (RJ45) directly into the Wi-Fi modem.

You can also perform a speed test using any website or app of your choice.

Make sure you choose a speed test that uses a local server.

Some sites only offer test servers located overseas. It could skew your results.

Make sure your equipment is capable of reaching the desired speed

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/my-wi-fi-network-slow-how-do-i-make-it-faster

• Sébastien code ZXEL1
    Sébastien code ZXEL1 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭
    edited July 2023

contact the green bubble support at the bottom right https://fizz.ca/en/support

• Delian
    Delian Posts: 4 ✭✭

My desktop is wired to the modem - no wi-fi involved, but I just checked again and it is back up to 20mbps so the issue seems to be intermittent.

• Sébastien code ZXEL1
    Sébastien code ZXEL1 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭

ok thanks great

• AK20230110
    AK20230110 Posts: 4,737 ✭✭

Hello,

@Delian

You can recheck the solidity of the coaxial cables at both ends (are they well tightened?) , make shore the cable is not damaged!

• AK20230110
    AK20230110 Posts: 4,737 ✭✭

@Delian

You can ask support to do some verifications from their side!

https://fizz.ca/en/support

• elena code xzi4t
    elena code xzi4t Posts: 8,047 ✭✭

Ask the support to check it

• elena code xzi4t

Did you solved?

• Gablav91
    Gablav91 Posts: 1,077 ✭✭

Contact Fizz on messenger. Change your Modem for free.

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    FizzyFizz JQMPM Posts: 6,618 ✭✭

Any news??

• elena code xzi4t

Is it working today? Fizz had some problems yesterday and today due to the weather conditions.