Is it possible to cancel a plan after a day of automatic renewal?

Options
marco95OP
marco95OP Posts: 9 ✭✭
edited July 2023 in My Mobile

Hi all I need to know if it's possible to cancel my plan because the last month I deactivated data and I forgot to add them back on my plan before the payment cycle.

Today it's only the second day that I have this plan, so maybe there's a way to change it or to get a refund to make another one?

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,094 ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

Hi @marco95OP

Yes you can cancel the plan when you need

However, you cannot be refund for the mobile :(

We’re sorry to see you go. You can unsubscribe from your plan at any time, but the cancellation will officially take effect at the end of your current payment cycle. You will not receive any prorated refund. Fizz is a prepaid mobile service, and the choice to cancel before the end of your cycle is yours.

For example, if you unsubscribe on day 1 of your payment cycle, your plan will be officially closed in 29 days. The only exception is if the cancellation occurs during the trial period.

source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/unsubscribe

Probably you should take into consideration to buy an addon for the data

An Add-On is additional data, minutes, text or minutes for international calls that you can add onto your current monthly plan. An Add-on must be used when you are within your coverage area. Thus, the Add-on for international calling minutes will allow you to make a call from your coverage area to the country in question. If you leave on a trip abroad, you will not be able to use these minutes once you arrive at your destination. 

To add an extra to your mobile plan, use this link:

Available Add-Ons

Add-Ons are useful if you’re running low on monthly data or minutes, or if you want to add a feature, such as international calling, that’s not part of your current monthly plan.

Buy an Add-On when you need more data, minutes, text or minutes for international call coverage than your current monthly plan allows. Add-Ons take effect immediately.

How long does it take to activate an Add-On? How long does it last?

Add-Ons are active immediately. They’re valid until the end of your next payment cycle.

In other words, if there are 10 days left on your current payment cycle, your Add-On will be valid for approximately 40 days.

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-is-an-add-on-and-how-do-i-buy-one

• AK20230110
    AK20230110 Posts: 3,999 ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

@marco95OP

Hello, 👋

Is it for Internet plan?

https://fizz.ca/en/faq/unsubscribe

• marco95OP
    marco95OP Posts: 9 ✭✭
    Options

Hi , I know that I can buy an add-on but it's overpriced compared to the actual plan, I need to pay 12 $ only to have 1GB, it seems unfair to customers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,094 ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

I understand but if you cancel you will lose at least 12$.

But you have 2 options

• Close loose what you pay for the month, buy a new SIM and open a new plan
    • Buy an addon for the month (hopefully 1 or 2GB will be enough)

For sure if you need alot of data, you should buy a new SIM and open a new plan, if you chose to do this, consider to open a new account (with a different email) to be able to use a referral code and get 25$, since only the first plan will receive the 25$ (also if you didn't use the referral code the first time)

• AK20230110
    Options

@marco95OP

Hello 👋

Fizz is a prepaid mobile service, and the choice to cancel before the end of your cycle is yours.

For example, if you unsubscribe on day 1 ( day 2 in your case ) of your payment cycle, your plan will be officially closed in 29 days. The only exception is if the cancellation occurs during the trial period.

Also: If this plan is the only one you have with Fizz, unsubscribing means you will lose your My Rewards points as well as referral bonuses you may have earned during your time.

Cancelling WITHOUT keeping your number: once your request to unsubscribe is submitted, the deactivation of your plan will be done at the end of your payment cycle. In other words, you can use your plan until the end of your payment cycle since Fizz is a prepaid mobile service.

Good to know: If you change your mind, you can reuse your Fizz phone number up to 60 days after unsubscribing, whether to reactivate your plan or to use it for another plan in your account.

if in doubt you can always contact support: https://fizz.ca/en/support

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 6,521 ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

Up to you 😀. But in your place I would try to survive without data for one month and in case of urgent need buy a data add-on.

• AK20230110
    edited July 2023
    Options
  • Sébastien code ZXEL1
    Sébastien code ZXEL1 Posts: 6,833 ✭✭
    Options

internet you will be reimbursed on a pro rata basis … mobile will pay you until your next billing cycle

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Options

When I joined Fizz, I didn't choose data plan as well, was counting days until the next billing cycle 🤣.

• AK20230110
    Options

I know the feeling! Loading pages off line,.....etc.🤣

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    edited July 2023
    Options
  • AK20230110
    Options

Congratulation!🤣

You've just won a :

Dinosaur 🦖🦕 badge!

(Any coincidences!.... 🤔 Maybe)

• elena code xzi4t
    elena code xzi4t Posts: 4,659 ✭✭
    Options

Yes, you can cancel, but nothing more. Is it worth to cancel it?

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    FizzyFizz JQMPM Posts: 6,368 ✭✭
    Options

As other users said, you can cancel anytime but you will not get refunded

This discussion has been closed.