Call minutes add-on vs. Pay-per-use

Options
sasajil
sasajil Posts: 16 ✭✭
edited June 2023 in My Mobile

Hi,

Ih I don't have the call minutes option activated on my monthly plan, I know that I can buy an add-on or add money in my wallet (pay-per-use).

If I purchase an add-on $3/60 mins and I also add $5 in my wallet, which one will be used in first place? Add-on or wallet?

Best Answer

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,073 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi

i don’t know for sure the answer but considering that the add on has a limited validity in time, I will expect to be used before the wallet

you should try to make a call, and if the wallet is used before then add on you should ask to refund the wallet and wait the affina to be used yp

And if is the case fizz should modify the priority

How long does it take to activate an Add-On? How long does it last?

Add-Ons are active immediately. They’re valid until the end of your next payment cycle.

In other words, if there are 10 days left on your current payment cycle, your Add-On will be valid for approximately 40 days.

Answers

• AK20230110
    AK20230110 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

@sasajil

Hello,

They are Both useful: you be the judge!

Your Wallet is where you deposit and store money to cover Pay As You Go minutes, texts, minutes for international calls and roaming. Simply use your credit card to add funds to your wallet, ...keep money in your wallet as a backup in case you deplete your monthly plan.

Vs

Add-Ons are useful if you’re running low on monthly data or minutes, or if you want to add a feature, such as international calling, that’s not part of your current monthly plan.

Buy an Add-On when you need more data, minutes, text or minutes for international call coverage than your current monthly plan allows. Add-Ons take effect immediately. .......................... ( !!! Caution, they expire!!! 

They’re valid until the end of your next payment cycle: in other words: "if there are 10 days left on your current payment cycle, your Add-On will be valid for approximately 40 days ")

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,073 ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

The wallet is more expensive, but it doesn't have an expiration attached, and it can be refunded if not use completely

• AK20230110
    AK20230110 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭
    Options

@Jess_i88b6

Thanks for the clarification.

@sasajil ....It's always good/better to have it, and not need it; then need it and not have it !

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    FizzyFizz JQMPM Posts: 6,110 ✭✭
    Options

Never tried personally but I would say that add-ons have priority on wallet money

This discussion has been closed.