How to connect to the Fizz modem with bridge mode enabled

S P. #286
S P. #286 Posts: 242 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in Internet

Hi, I enabled bridge mode in the Fizz modem (CODA 4680) a while ago, so I can use my Google wifi directly connected to the modem and assign IPs from there.

Now, I would like to access the modem settings, so I connected a network cable directly to the modem, and through the browser, I tried to access 192.168.0.1 but could not connect.

I checked that the modem is not giving my laptop an IP address through DHCP, so I manually set the laptop to 192.168.0.2, but still, I can not connect to the modem (the page is not opening at all)

I wanted to know if there is a way to access the modem now without having to do a full reset to the settings and start from zero.

Thanks !!

Best Answer

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 12,942 ✭✭
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

Hi @S P. #286

You need to reset the modem this in the only way, since now the modem is "transparent"

What configuration you want to change? All the modification must done from your router.

Reset your Wi-Fi modem to its factory settings

IMPORTANT: This will reset any changes that have been made to your Wi-Fi modem settings to date. You may also need to reconfigure your devices’ Wi-Fi settings (network name, password, etc.).

Using a small, sharp object, press the modem’s reset button for 10 seconds.

Once your modem has restarted, follow the same instructions you used when you initially installed it.

Reminder: The default username (Default Wi-Fi network) and password (Default key) for your Wi-Fi network are written on a sticker on the back of your Wi-Fi modem.

Answers

This discussion has been closed.