My internet speed plan was upgraded to 400mbps but still receiving same speed

Options
Anthonystl
Anthonystl Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in Internet

My bill date was April 26, I upgraded my plan a week and a bit before my bill date. I restarted the modem on the 26 and again the 27. Have been checking speed since the 25th. And I’m still only receiving 120mbps which my Speedtest usually gives me a reading of 110mbps. I am still only receiving the 110mbps reading

Best Answer

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,061 ✭✭
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Anthonystl

Did you try with the Fizz app or a device connected directly to the modem with an ethernet cable?

If you want, you can also try to reset the modem, not sure that can help, but you can always try

Restore your Wi-Fi modem to its factory settings

This will reset any changes that have been made to your Wi-Fi modem settings to date. You may also need to reconfigure your devices’ Wi-Fi settings (network name, password, etc.).

Using a small, sharp object, press the modem’s reset button for 10 seconds.

Once your modem has restarted, follow the same instructions you used when you initially installed it.

The default username (Default Wi-Fi network) and password (Default key) for your Wi-Fi network are written on a sticker on the back of your Wi-Fi modem.

If this doesn't help, you should contact the support

You can chat in direct

• Sign into your account

• Follow the link on this page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-unable-log-my-fizz-account-what-do-i-do

• Wait 3 seconds for the green bubble with a '❔' appears at the bottom right of the browser, if you use a phone you must use it in desktop or horizontal mode

• Choose the option 💬 chat

• If the green bubble does not appear make sure your ad blocker is disabled, otherwise try with another browser.

Or by private message on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fizzca/

Answers

This discussion has been closed.