What are the plan options & restrictions to call the USA from Canada

Options
Armby
Armby Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited April 2023 in My Mobile

After searching through the faqs I am confused and frustrated. I don’t know if I am supposed to be able to make a call from Canada to the USA and what plan options do I need to do that.

This question has been asked but not answered many times in the FAQ.

TO BE CLEAR I am NOT asking about making calls while physically in the US

Do I need to pay for “Canada+USA coverage”?

Is calling to the USA from Canada (NOTE physically in Canada - not traveling in the USA) considered an international call? There is no option for the USA in the international call add on.

how much is it to pay for individual calls & SMS from Canada to the USA if it’s not covered in my plan

Best Answer

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,333 ✭✭
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Here the info My Plans -> Manage -> Addons

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,333 ✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

Hi @Armby

You can have the Canada/USA Plan

You can put the money in your fizz wallet

or you can buy an international call addon

• Sébastien code ZXEL1
    Sébastien code ZXEL1 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

@Armby canada\us plan ....@Armby

or

How do I make an international call when I am in my coverage area?

International Calls Option

International Calls Add-on

Pay as you go

How much does it cost to call internationally from my coverage area?

To make an international call, you have different options depending on your needs.

Whatever option you choose for your international calls, know that the rates are the same whether you are calling a landline or a mobile number.

You also need to activate the International calls option of your plan. To do so:

1. Go to My Plans in your Fizz account.
    2. If there is more than one plan on your account, scroll to the plan you wish to change.
    3. Click on Manage and choose Advanced parameters.
    4. Next to No International calls, slide the radio button to Off.
    International Calls Option
    If you make international calls every month: add the International calls option to your plan.
    1. You get each month a fixed number of minutes to make international calls from your coverage area to the country you select among our special rate list. You can only select one country at a time, but you can change it. If you do, that change will be effective when your next payment cycle begins.  
    2. Important – any change to your plan must be made 108 hours (4.5 days) before the end of your payment cycle. During those 108 hours (4.5 days), systems are frozen and no change can be made. You’ll therefore have to wait for the next payment cycle.
    3. Learning how to edit your mobile plan.
    4. If you can't find a specific country on our list, you’ll have to opt for an Add-on instead.
    International Calls Add-on
    If you make international calls occasionally: use the International Calls Add-on.
    1. The International calls Add-Ons are useful if you need to make international calls occasionally to countries not covered by your monthly plan. You can purchase as many International calls Add-ons as you need, based on which zones these countries are in.

2. Learn about buying Add-Ons
    Pay as you go
    To make international calls without changing your mobile plan or buying Add-ons: pay as you go.
    1. By adding funds to your wallet, you’ll be able to pay as you go any international call you make.
    2. Learn about pay as you go.
    How much does it cost to call internationally from my coverage area?
    1. You can see the cost of our Add-ons, as well as the pay per use rates, in your Fizz account :
    2. Connect to your Fizz account
    3. Under your mobile plan in My plans, click on Manage.
    4. Go to Add-On, international calls
    6. If you have unlimited text messaging in your monthly plan, know that any text to an international number is included in your plan.
    Read more : 

What is an Add-On and how do I buy one?

What is my Wallet and how do I use it?

What can I do with my Wallet?

How do I add funds to my Fizz Wallet?

How do I use Pay As You Go?

I want to know when my usage will switch to Pay As You Go. How do I know when my plan is running out?

• Derr
    Derr Posts: 5,728 ✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

Hello @Armby

If you have the Canada/USA plan, you can make a call from Canada to the USA free of charge. You can buy add-on too.

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    FizzyFizz JQMPM Posts: 6,569 ✭✭
    Options

You don't need coverage. You only need to buy the add-on to call foreign country and select which country you want to call (U.S. in this case). Once you buy the add-on it will be active right away

This discussion has been closed.