Anthony18 Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited April 2023 in My Mobile

Hi how do I change my plan to usa?

Best Answer

• Sébastien code ZXEL1
    Sébastien code ZXEL1 Posts: 6,682 ✭✭
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

@Anthony18

Important: A freeze period is in effect 108 hours (4.5 days) before the end of your payment cycle, during which time no changes can be made to your plan.  

How do I change my mobile plan?

You can change your plan at anytime by loging into your account. Although, the changes you make will only take effect at the beginning of your next payment cycle.

To change your plan:
    1.  Go to My Plans in your Fizz account.
    2. Scroll to the plan you wish to change.
    3. Click on Manage and then Adjust your plan.
    4. Use the Plan Wizard to adjust your data, minutes, texts and Calling Options (international calls and voicemail).
    5. As you adjust your plan details, you will see your new monthly fee in the box below.
    6. When you like what you see, click Save Changes.
    7. Changes take effect at the start of your next payment cycle.

Important – Any change to your plan must be made in accordance with the plan change policy detailed on https://fizz.ca/en/plan-change-policy. 

When does a plan change come into effect?

Your new plan will take effect (and you will be billed the new amount) at the start of your next payment cycle

If you need features such as data, minutes, texts or minutes for international calls immediately, buy an Add-On or use your Wallet to pay as you go.

If you change your plan, your rolled-over data will match your new coverage. For example, if you switch from a Canada-US to a Quebec plan, your rollover data will also switch to a Quebec plan.

To cancel the changes you made to your plan:

Go back into Adjust plan, and you’ll have the option to cancel (or edit) your plan change request. When you choose the Cancel option, a window will pop-up, asking you whether you’d like to delete your changes. Click on Delete.

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 12,946 ✭✭
    edited April 2023

Hi @Anthony18

You cannot change your plan on the 4.5 days (108 hours) before the next billing cycle.

You can change your plan at anytime by loging into your account. Although, the changes you make will only take effect at the beginning of your next payment cycle.

To change your plan:
    1.  Go to My Plans in your Fizz account.
    2. Scroll to the plan you wish to change.
    3. Click on Manage and then Adjust your plan.
    4. Use the Plan Wizard to adjust your data, minutes, texts and Calling Options (international calls and voicemail).
    5. As you adjust your plan details, you will see your new monthly fee in the box below.
    6. When you like what you see, click Save Changes.
    7. Changes take effect at the start of your next payment cycle.

Important – Any change to your plan must be made in accordance with the plan change policy detailed on https://fizz.ca/en/plan-change-policy. 

You should also know, that if you activated your account before March 16, 2022 your account can have problems in USA to makes calls. Since you need to have a VoLTE SIM card (the one with a red thunder) and your account must be migrated to VoLTE technology.

As of July 2022, if you are travelling in the United States, including Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, only the LTE network is available. This means that until springtime 2023, calling may not be possible based on your situation.

When will this issue be resolved?

All depends on your situation.

> If you became a mobile member BEFORE March 16, 2022. 

Calling will be possible again by spring 2023 when Fizz offers VoLTE on its own network. At that time, using a VoLTE certified phone updated with the latest software update and activated with a VoLTE compatible SIM card will allow you to make calls when in the United States. 

> If you became a mobile member ON or AFTER March 16, 2022.

Your plan should already be activated with a VoLTE compatible SIM card. If you are using a VoLTE-certified phone updated with the latest software update, calls and texts will work in the U.S. If it is not, you will only have access to your mobile data.

See the list of certified phones

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 12,946 ✭✭

@Anthony18

If you don't have time to activate it, since the modifications are only applied on the next billing cycle. You can always buy addons or put money in your wallet

An Add-On is additional data, minutes, text or minutes for international calls that you can add onto your current monthly plan. To add an extra to your mobile plan, use this link:

Available Add-Ons

Add-Ons are useful if you’re running low on monthly data or minutes, or if you want to add a feature, such as international calling, that’s not part of your current monthly plan.

Buy an Add-On when you need more data, minutes, text or minutes for international call coverage than your current monthly plan allows. Add-Ons take effect immediately.

How long does it take to activate an Add-On? How long does it last?

Add-Ons are active immediately. They’re valid until the end of your next payment cycle.

In other words, if there are 10 days left on your current payment cycle, your Add-On will be valid for approximately 40 days.

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    FizzyFizz JQMPM Posts: 4,617 ✭✭

You have to modify your plan from the Myaccount section of fizz website. Then, you have to wait for your next billing cycle for the change to be active. Otherwise, if you can't wait, you have to buy it as an add-on

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 6,318 ✭✭

In short go to your account

My plans -> Manage Plan -> Change my plan

• Derr
    Derr Posts: 5,361 ✭✭
  • FizzyFizz JQMPM
    FizzyFizz JQMPM Posts: 4,617 ✭✭

Let us know if you change your plan eventually...

This discussion has been closed.