I need to get a new IP address

Options
Davy
Davy Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited April 2023 in Internet

Hi I have for that the pass week trying to connect back to my work office. My IT colleague told me I needed another IP address since there was a problem with the business. Since then I've been obliged to go to my public library to work. Please I need your help to change this as soon as possible.

Best Answer

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,061 ✭✭
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Davy

you can try to set a modem in bridge mode and connect your computer to a l’an port on the modem

after that check if you got a new ip

remember that you need to make a reset to the modem after in order to enable the wifi again

Disable the Wi-Fi feature of the Fizz Wi-Fi modem
    1. In bridge mode, the two (2) Wi-Fi radios built into your Fizz Wi-Fi modem will be deactivated, thus disabling its Wi-Fi capabilities.
    • Open an Internet browser and enter 192.168.0.1 in the address bar.
    • Identify yourself using the following login information:
      • Username: cusadmin
      • Password: **enter your Wi-Fi password**
    • Select Basic
    • Select Gateway
    • Disable the option ''Residential Gateway function''
    • Click Ok
    Install your personal Wi-Fi router
    1. Connect your personal router as indicated in its user guide. 
    2. Plug the network cable (RJ45) into one of the four (4) numbered ports of your Fizz Wi-Fi modem.
    3. If there's any issue with the connection, restart both devices (the Fizz Wi-Fi modem and your personal router).
    4. If you want to re-enable the Wi-Fi capability of your Fizz Wi-Fi modem, you'll need to reset it to its factory settings by holding down the reset button on the back of the device for ten (10) seconds.
    If needed, restart both your modem and personal router
    2. This quick video will guide you through each step. But in a nutshell:
    3. Unplug the power cable on your Wi-Fi modem.
    4. Make sure all the lights on the modem turn off.
    5. Wait ten (10) seconds.
    6. Plug your modem back into the electrical outlet. Expect a three (3) minute delay to allow your devices to reconnect to the Wi-Fi network.
    8. Note: If you are also using a personal router, you'll need to restart it as well. 
    10. Recommendation: It is more effective to restart your Wi-Fi modem by unplugging its power cable instead of pressing its power button.

Answers

• Derr
    Derr Posts: 5,470 ✭✭
    Options
  • Sébastien code ZXEL1
    Sébastien code ZXEL1 Posts: 6,803 ✭✭
    Options

@Davy

How can I use my own Wi-Fi router with Fizz?

1. In bridge mode, the two (2) Wi-Fi radios built into your Fizz Wi-Fi modem will be deactivated, thus disabling its Wi-Fi capabilities.
    • Open an Internet browser and enter 192.168.0.1 in the address bar.
    • Identify yourself using the following login information:
      • Username: cusadmin
      • Password: **enter your Wi-Fi password**
    • Select Basic
    • Select Gateway
    • Disable the option ''Residential Gateway function''
    • Click Ok
    1. Connect your personal router as indicated in its user guide. 
    2. Plug the network cable (RJ45) into one of the four (4) numbered ports of your Fizz Wi-Fi modem.
    3. If there's any issue with the connection, restart both devices (the Fizz Wi-Fi modem and your personal router).
    4. If you want to re-enable the Wi-Fi capability of your Fizz Wi-Fi modem, you'll need to reset it to its factory settings by holding down the reset button on the back of the device for ten (10) seconds.
    2. This quick video will guide you through each step. But in a nutshell:
    3. Unplug the power cable on your Wi-Fi modem.
    4. Make sure all the lights on the modem turn off.
    5. Wait ten (10) seconds.
    6. Plug your modem back into the electrical outlet. Expect a three (3) minute delay to allow your devices to reconnect to the Wi-Fi network.
    8. Note: If you are also using a personal router, you'll need to restart it as well. 
    10. Recommendation: It is more effective to restart your Wi-Fi modem by unplugging its power cable instead of pressing its power button.

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,061 ✭✭
    Options

Hi @Davy

Do you mean that the IP associated with your LAN is in conflict with the VPN's IPs?

This discussion has been closed.