Is there a mobile network issue as well?

Options
IsE
IsE Posts: 108 ✭✭
edited April 2023 in My Mobile

I never lost power but my home internet doesn't work. So I tried using mobile data all day and it was painfully slow.

I tried switching from LTE to 3G and I can now see pictures or videos. However max speed is 2mbps and it is not enough for remote work. I tried this with an iphone and an android. Same slow results.

Is there a problem with the mobile network as well?

Best Answer

• Derr
    Derr Posts: 5,736 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@IsE yes it was very slow as well for me today. Should return to normal in the near future… Let’s all be patient!

Answers

• Sébastien code ZXEL1
    Sébastien code ZXEL1 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭
    Options

yes can have damaged mobile tower

The ice storm left many of you without electricity, and we hope all is well. To help our members keep in touch or check on the status of outages, mobile data used between April 6, 1 pm, and April 7, 11:59 pm will not be deducted from our mobile plans.

Be safe and see if you can give a hand around you

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,339 ✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

Hi @IsE

With a lot of people without the electricity and/or internet, they use extensively the phone, therefore, the mobile cells are overloaded

• Easygolucky
    Easygolucky Posts: 1,089 ✭✭
    Options

Yes there seems to be an issue with home internet as well as mobile in Montreal today :/ It is the weather and the towers being down/damaged :/ Hope it is resolved soon but HydroQuebec said it could only be resolved by the end of the weekend!!

• Easygolucky
    Options

Which would definitely suck LOL

• Easygolucky
    Options

Good point!

• FizzJesus_4V43P
    FizzJesus_4V43P Posts: 57 ✭✭
    Options

Hi guys no home internet since yesterday many trees has been falling home the internet will be back up soon in NDG.

As for mobile internet it is very unstable switching from LTE+ to 3G or H+ if you guys have any news please let me know.

Stay safe out there 🤓

• Sébastien code ZXEL1
    edited April 2023
    Options

surely for a couple of days and weeks repaired must be patient

• Easygolucky
    Options

Yeah it’s been rough!! Apparently the east end of montreal is not really affected but other places seem to be hit hard and have limited service

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 6,980 ✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

Same here. I was working from home today and was data tethering from my phone. The speed was not great but taking into consideration the yesterday's weather conditions it was supportable.

• Sébastien code ZXEL1
    edited April 2023
    Options

no in the east of montreal I did not miss electricity and internet

• Easygolucky
    Options

Yes that is what I said, the east end is not really affected

This discussion has been closed.