Extremely Slow LTE

Options
Nomishen
Nomishen Posts: 12 ✭✭

I have very slow LTE connection and am not sure if it’s always the case or just now because I typically use wifi network at home. Now due to power outage I don’t have wifi, I have to rely on LTE but it is very very slow.

Best Answer

• Nomishen
    Answer ✓
    Options

An update:

now I have full bars and the speed is back up. I think the tower near me probably was impacted by the ice storm and now is back up.

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

Hi @Nomishen

probably is due to your weak signal, did you try to move around in order to get a stronger signal

Is the coverage adequate?

Make sure you are in a zone that has adequate coverage.

See our network coverage map

The Fizz mobile network, like the vast majority of mobile service providers in Canada, is broadcast from fixed antennas on the ground.

It’s normal that the signal will be affected in some places by natural and artificial obstacles.

Artificial obstacles may include:

• Concrete
    • Steel
    • Aluminum

Natural obstacles may include:

• Mountains
    • Valleys
    • Forests
    Restart your phone

If the network signal is weak, your phone may be connected to an antenna that is not in an optimal location for you to access the network.

Reboot (power cycle) your phone by holding down the phone’s start button for 10 seconds.

Following your reboot, your applications will load. Your phone will then re-authenticate to the Fizz mobile network and potentially recover its authorization to access the network.

Is the Fizz network chosen?

Make sure your phone is configured to automatically select the Fizz mobile network.

IMPORTANT: Before starting this process, make sure the SIM card is inserted in your device. Otherwise, the Mobile networks menu will not be visible.

The steps for enabling your device to automatically select a network varies depending on the type of phone. Here are two examples:

Android: Settings → Connections → Mobile networks → Network operators → Search networks → Automatic/Fizz

iPhone: Settings → Operators → Automatic/Fizz

Note: If the Fizz network is not optimal where you are, you may try to temporarily connect to our wider area network.

How to access the Fizz wider area network

The position and distance of our partners’ antennas may differ from ours — your mobile experience may improve at locations that are problematic for the Fizz network.

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-can-i-do-if-mobile-network-coverage-is-weak-or-inaccessible

• Sébastien code ZXEL1
    Sébastien code ZXEL1 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭
    Options

it depends where you live

• Referral_code_UKS6U
    Referral_code_UKS6U Posts: 454 ✭✭
    Options

The network might be impacted by the power outage as well.

• Nomishen
    Options

I live in a major city area in Quebec and our house is built with mostly wood that should not impact the signal. I think Fizz’s mobile network has issues.

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

Hi @Nomishen

Probably a tower near your house was affected by the weather conditions, causing you to be connected to a farther away tower that has a heavier than usual load.

Just for today, could you try using Fizz Ext?

• Nomishen
    Options

its possible - I don’t usually use LTE at home and cannot remember if it’s always like this or it’s because of the craziness caused by the ice storm. 🤞

keep safe everyone!

• Derr
    Derr Posts: 5,522 ✭✭
    Options

Same thing with me...

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    FizzyFizz JQMPM Posts: 6,466 ✭✭
    Options

It could be due to the weather conditions, but also, since a lot of people don't have internet connection at home because of the outage, there is probably a saturation of the tower near your house...

• Derr
    Options

Lucky you, still slow here

• Nomishen
    Options

Sorry to hear that :( hope it will be back for you soon too

• Derr
    Options

Hope so too!