What else is missing for VOLTE

Options
Abdell
Abdell Posts: 15 ✭✭

I have Galaxy A53 5G, activated July 2022, new sim card (VOLTE) installed recently, phone has update of March 1, 2023. still no VOLTE. What could be missing. ON/Off, reinserting sim, resetting network...all done

Answers

• Sébastien code ZXEL1
    Sébastien code ZXEL1 Posts: 7,045 ✭✭
    Options
    1. Once your new VoLTE compatible SIM card is associated and activated with your Fizz plan, you’ll need to prepare your phone.
    3. 1. Check whether your phone is VoLTE certified on the Fizz network.
    4. Some already are, others will be soon.
    5. See the list
    6. 2. Install the manufacturer software update
    7. Each manufacturer is managing their software rollout so their phone models are compatible with VoLTE. Manufacturers will be making a gradual rollout throughout the year.
    8. Important: The delay to complete steps 1 and 2 will vary based on the model of your phone. Only when these steps are completed will you be able to go to step 3.
    9. 3. Activate the VoLTE function
    10. In general, you must go under:
    • Android:
    1. Calls > (Three little dots) > Call settings
    • Apple:
    1. General > Cellular network > VoLTE
    2. The phone uses the VoLTE when during a call the phone continues to display “LTE” in the right corner of the screen. You may need to restart it.
    VoLTE coverage

• Sébastien code ZXEL1
    Options

@Abdell .................

• Sébastien code ZXEL1
    edited April 2023
    Options

@Abdell if your package was activated before March 16, it's going to spring to activate the old ones in a short time it started

• Sébastien code ZXEL1
    Options

if your package was activated before March 16, it will spring to activate the old ones in a short time it started

• Sébastien code ZXEL1
    Options

LTE network is available. This means that until springtime 2023, calling may not be possible based on your situation.

When will this issue be resolved?
    1. All depends on your situation.
    3. > If you became a mobile member BEFORE March 16, 2022. 
    5. Calling will be possible again by spring 2023 when Fizz offers VoLTE on its own network. At that time, using a VoLTE certified phone updated with the latest software update and activated with a VoLTE compatible SIM card will allow you to make calls when in the United States. 
    7. > If you became a mobile member ON or AFTER March 16, 2022.
    9. Your plan should already be activated with a VoLTE compatible SIM card. If you are using a VoLTE-certified phone updated with the latest software update, calls and texts will work in the U.S. If it is not, you will only have access to your mobile data.

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    FizzyFizz JQMPM Posts: 6,565 ✭✭
    Options

It seems like it's a matter of time... We will have volte at some point. Just have some patience guys

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,313 ✭✭
    Options

@Abdell

You activated your plan after March 16, 2022. Therefore, you should have access to the VoLTE (Voice over LTE) options. To activate VoLTE, follow these steps from the Videotron website:

1. Go to Settings and select Connections.
    2. Select Mobile networks.
    3. Select VoLTE calls and turn it on.

Once you have activated VoLTE, when you make a call with Wi-Fi turned off, your LTE icon should remain on during the call. If your LTE icon changes to 3G, it may indicate that you are not using VoLTE for that call.

If you don't plan to go to the US, at the moment you are not in any need to have the VoLTE.

You can chat in direct

• Sign into your account

• Follow the link on this page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-unable-log-my-fizz-account-what-do-i-do

• Wait 3 seconds for the green bubble with a '❔' appears at the bottom right of the browser, if you use a phone you must use it in desktop or horizontal mode

• Choose the option 💬 chat

• If the green bubble does not appear make sure your ad blocker is disabled, otherwise try with another browser.

Or by private message on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fizzca/

• Derr
    Derr Posts: 5,708 ✭✭
    Options

So, is it working? @Abdell

• Abdell
    Abdell Posts: 15 ✭✭
    Options

@Derr, no, not working

I think; IMS registration status/Not registered; is the problem. For VOLTE this must change to registered.

• Derr
    Derr Posts: 5,708 ✭✭
    Options

Sorry to see that…

• excessnet
    excessnet Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I just got the new SIM from Fizz with a Lightning bolt... My phone (OnePlus 7T) work with VoLTE on the T-Mobile SIM2 (Dual SIM), but not on the Fizz SIM1. It's not listed as "Certified", but I know it's compatible with VoLTE. Do I need to wait for Fizz to approve it?

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    Options

Unfortunately if it doesn't work you have no other choice... let's see if Fizz at some point will be able to certify all the compatible phone they are missing now

• AK20230110
    AK20230110 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

Maybe you could try to reboot.

remove card and try the Fizz in SIM 1!

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭
    Options

Unfortunately OnePlus 7T is not certified by Fizz along with the others dual SIM phones, so not sure if it will be 😕.

• Slalery
    Slalery Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

In IPhone, VoLTE is available under settings —> cellular network —> Options. In my case IPhone 11 it’s already activated.

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    Options

This thing about certifying already compatible phones doesn't have any sense... I mean if the phone is compatible it should work and you should be able to use that service...

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,313 ✭✭
    Options

Not really true,

suppose that your phone as the VoLTE options, however, it supports only the Codec A and B, however, the provider uses the Code C (like the phone is supporting the LTE-FDD band 5,7 and 8, but your provider support only the 4).

Or suppose that the phone as the potential to encrypt with a specific key, however, is asking X $ in order to buy it.

etc etc

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    Options

I get that but they should come up with a more straightforward way to implement it... There is simply no reason why a perfectly compatible phone shouldn't work only because it hasn't been "certified" by that specific carrier. I get that certifying it means that the carrier is guaranteeing that the phone will work, however there are still too many phones stuck in this limbo of uncertainty... Doesn't make sense to me

• AK20230110
    AK20230110 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭
    Options

Too many uncertified phones out the! I don't know what to believe anymore. 🤔