Home internet device

Options
alg
alg Posts: 44 ✭✭
edited March 2023 in Internet

I was really happy I received my home internet installation today. Now I wonder if a Fizz community member can inform me some more about the home device. I wondered if it is a modem and a router all-in-one and that the vendor appears to be named Hitron, where can I read some more on configuration options and help?

Best Answer

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,037 ✭✭
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @alg

Is a modem with a router/wifi functionality, therefore, all in one.

Regarding, the configuration you can find a pdf manual in internet look for coda 4x8x, however, the Fizz's firmware is personalized, therefore, you will find some differences.

If you can, I will suggest configuring the Fizz's modem in bridge mode and use your own router. Which can bring more functionality and a better wifi.

Answers

• Sébastien code ZXEL1
    Sébastien code ZXEL1 Posts: 6,778 ✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options

@alg

How do I set up my Wi-Fi modem?

Connect the coaxial cable

Connect the power cord

Check if your Wi-Fi modem is ready

Write down your modem's network name & password

Configure your modem

Download the Fizz Wi-Fi app

Starter Kit

The box contains the following items:

• The Wi-Fi modem (CODA-4680)
    • A coaxial cable
    • A power cord
    • An ethernet cable

The ethernet cable is included in the box with your modem, but it is not required to set up your Wi-Fi network.

Connect the coaxial cable
    1. The coaxial cable must be properly screwed in on both ends.
    Connect the power cord
    1. Make sure the power cord is properly connected to the Wi-Fi modem and wall outlet.
    1. Ideally, connect the power cord directly into the wall outlet instead of to a power strip.
    2. IMPORTANT: Once plugged in, your Wi-Fi modem will make its first system update. It may need to reboot after about 15 minutes.
    Check if your Wi-Fi modem is ready
    1. A series of lights will appear on your modem. Make sure they match those in this picture.
    Write down your modem's network name & password
    1. Find the network name (Default Wi-Fi Network) and password (Default Key) printed on the back of your Wi-Fi modem.
    1. If the network name (Default Wi-Fi Network) does not appear in the list of available networks on a Wi-Fi enabled device, it means your Wi-Fi modem's update is not complete. 
    2. Pay close attention to characters that are similar, such as O and 0, as well as I and 1.
    Configure your modem
    1. Select the name of your Wi-Fi network from the list of networks available to your Wi-Fi enabled device and enter the password. Your Web browser will open. You will be redirected to the "Easy Connect" interface. Follow the on-screen steps.
    1. You may have to open your Web browser manually.
    2. Prefer to use your own Wi-Fi router? Click here
    3. Can't find your network? To correct the situation, please take a network cable to connect directly to your Fizz Wi-Fi modem. Thereafter, open your favorite internet browser and type 192.168.0.1 in the address bar. Please use these credentials to log in:
    4. Username: cusadmin
    5. Password: password
    6. In the Wireless tab: under the 2.4g and 5g tab, go to “ ON ” the “ Wireless Enabled ” option. You modify the name of the network in the “ Network name ” field at the same time. We also advise you to choose a new password in the “ Admin ” tab, in order to adequately secure the administration page of your Fizz Wi-Fi Modem. Otherwise, the password remains password.
    Download the Fizz Wi-Fi app
    1. This handy app lets you schedule pauses, manage access and more.
    2. Download it for free:
    1. To log in, use the following credentials:
    • Username: cusadmin
    • Password: (enter the new password you chose)
    2. There you go! Your network is now ready.

Read more :

This discussion has been closed.