Why did I get only 2$ refund after I paid the full month on February 28

Options
The P.
The P. Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited March 2023 in Internet

Why did I get only 2$ refund after I paid the full month on February 28 and also cancelled the service on the same day - February 28?

Thank you!

Best Answer

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,061 ✭✭
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @The P.

Internet should refund prorata. What date you picked for the end of service? Moreover, the refund should be done 4-6 weeks after the return of the modem. Check this guide.

Good to know: Based on the date you unsubscribe, you will receive a prorated refund for the monthly fee you paid based on the days left, if any, in your payment cycle. Once your modem is returned, please allow (approximately) 4-6 weeks to receive your refund.

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/en/faq/how-do-i-unsubscribe-from-fizz-home-internet

You should contact the support to have more detail on your refund.

You can chat in direct

• Sign into your account

• Follow the link on this page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-unable-log-my-fizz-account-what-do-i-do

• Wait 3 seconds for the green bubble with a '❔' appears at the bottom right of the browser, if you use a phone you must use it in desktop or horizontal mode

• Choose the option 💬 chat

• If the green bubble does not appear make sure your ad blocker is disabled, otherwise try with another browser.

Or by private message on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fizzca/

Answers

• Derr
    Derr Posts: 5,474 ✭✭
    Options

@The P. it’s probably too soon to draw a conclusion…

• Sébastien code ZXEL1
    Sébastien code ZXEL1 Posts: 6,803 ✭✭
    Options
    If this really is goodbye
    1. We’re sorry to see you go. As a friendly reminder, if this plan is the only one you have with Fizz, unsubscribing means you will lose your My Rewards points as well as referral bonuses you may have earned during your time with us.  
    3. To unsubscribe from your Home Internet plan, go under My plans > Manage plan > Unsubscribe and follow the on-screen steps. Don’t forget to note your return ID number for your Wi-Fi modem.
    Don’t forget your modem
    1. You have 15 days following the date you unsubscribe to return your Fizz Wi-Fi modem (and its power cable) to us. Failure to do so means you will be automatically charged the amount of $225, plus applicable taxes. If you are charged this amount but do end up sending us back the modem, then no worries, you will be automatically refunded.
    2. How to return my Wi-Fi modem
    3. Good to know: Based on the date you unsubscribe, you will receive a prorated refund for the monthly fee you paid based on the days left, if any, in your payment cycle. Once your modem is returned, please allow (approximately) 4-6 weeks to receive your refund.

• Vasiok
    Vasiok Posts: 1,337 ✭✭
    Options

I would advise you to open a ticket for this!

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 6,481 ✭✭
    Options

Agree, we are all users here.

This discussion has been closed.