FIZZ EXT not working

Joshua L. #9495
Joshua L. #9495 Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited February 2023 in My Mobile

Hello,

It seems I've tried everything to get my FIZZ EXT working and had been without success. Of course when you're within the FIZZ network range it's hard to test. I'm finally back in a roaming area. a lot of the website information wasn't really helpful as it kept referencing the same URL which I'll be honest is missing information.

Thankfully I found the needed info in another forum/discussion, which I've posted below.

All links seemed to bring you to one of 2 sites:

or

What was upsetting as I had tried these multiple times. Also - another hack instead of having to restart your phone everytime, is put your phone into airplane mode and then turn airplane mode back off as it basically resets the Phone Connection which includes APN stuff.

So why the links were upsetting is everyone said "if this doesn't work, you'll have to contact support or your phone isn't compatible" - well I have the same phone I've had for a couple of years and it worked previously - but I had to factory reset my phone. Since factory resetting the phone, I no longer had EXT data.

Anyways - as already mentioned I found the below with the MVNO settings. Added that in and a little Airplane mode on and off - and voila, I have EXT data. :)

Here's the info

Can you try to add these settings

Type MVNO GID

Value MVNO 55

The full configuration

For internet

Name:FIZZ INTERNETAPN:mobile.bmProxy:Not setPort:Not setUsername:Not setPassword:Not setServer:Not setMMSC:Not setMMS proxy:Not setMMS port:Not setMCC:302MNC:500Authentification type:Not setAPN type:defaultAPN protocol:IPv4APN roaming protocol:IPv4Enable/disable APN:checkedBearer:UnspecifiedMobile virtual network operator type:GIDMobile virtual network operator value:55

For the MMS

Name:FIZZ MMSAPN:mobile.bmProxy:Not setPort:Not setUsername:Not setPassword:Not setServer:Not setMMSC:http://mms.mobile.bmMMS proxy:mmsproxy.mobile.bmMMS port:80MCC:302MNC:500Authentification type:Not setAPN type:mmsAPN protocol:IPv4APN roaming protocol:IPv4Enable/disable APN:checkedBearer:LTEMobile virtual network operator type:GIDMobile virtual network operator value:55

If all of this does not work, you need to contact the support

To contact the support you need to go to this page https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us, Fizz push you to find your solution, therefore, you need to search in the solution hub to your solution and only after 10 seconds that you are in a solution page Fizz will give you the chat bubble.

CHAT

• Go to this page https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-are-fizz-network-settings-apn, if you are not connect login
  • The business hours: every day from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. (EST).
  • Wait 5 seconds for the bubble icon to appear at the bottom right of the browser and click on the icon to chat with support. Try a different browser if you have issues getting the bubble to appear.

If the chat bubble does not appear, this means that the number of sessions waiting for our answers surpasses our processing capacity. If that happens, send us a private message via Facebook Messenger or Twitter.

Answers