Best VPN

Options
CameronDavis
CameronDavis Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited January 2023 in Break Room

Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) are becoming features that almost all major companies, websites and organizations use to protect their data. You need to check this https://www.purewl.com/ and get more new things for VPN. The increasing threats of cyber hacking have led many users to seek protection through a VPN's secure connection. This article will show you how to choose the best VPN for your needs by discussing some of the most popular options on the market today.

Answers

• Thibault
    Thibault Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Thank you so much

• Vasiok
    Vasiok Posts: 1,337 ✭✭
    Options

I suppose that depends of your needs. Do you need a VPN for torrents or just regular daily use?

• Ninmow
    Ninmow Posts: 17 ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the info

• Sam_Fizz_User
    Sam_Fizz_User Posts: 7 ✭✭
    Options

Using a VPN won't prevent you from being hacked... it'll only help hide your IP address and hide your traffic from your ISP, and that's if it's configured properly.

While some VPN providers do offer some form of Ad & malware blocking/filtering, but I wouldn't rely on those. You need a decent anti-virus, malware & ad blocker setup, but more importantly, you need to be cautious and conscious of what you're doing.

I use PIA (Private Internet Access https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/) they have decent priced options for packages, sometimes they have deals running and offer a free trial to test them out.

Whichever VPN provider you chose, google on how to test them against "leakage" and if it's to download torrents, make sure your torrent client is linked to the network interface created by the VPN client, this way if your VPN gives out (it happens) you won't continue downloading using your public IP and risk exposing yourself...

Good luck.

• Vasiok
    Options

I use Bitdefender VPN. Seems to be ok.

• CJ Ref Code B43SA
    CJ Ref Code B43SA Posts: 288 ✭✭
    Options

I've been using PureVPN - it's not the best, but it's not the worse. Managed to get a "lifetime" deal a few years ago, and it still works great for general use.

• Vasiok
    Options

What do you mean by lifetime? You paid a x amount and now it's free?

• CJ Ref Code B43SA
    CJ Ref Code B43SA Posts: 288 ✭✭
    Options

Pretty much, until they stop the service, you used to get a bunch of these types of deals years ago.

• Vasiok
    edited February 2023
    Options

Ok, thanks, good to know. Need to pay attention to this.

• picpoper
    picpoper Posts: 24 ✭✭
    Options

Nord and Tunnel are very good IMO.

• Pepex
    Pepex Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Options

Try using Shark VPN. If the first month is free, and if you like it, and buy 2 years in advance, you end uo paying ABOUT 3 dollars per month.

• Davo47
    Davo47 Posts: 24 ✭✭
    Options

any disadvantages to using a VPN?

• Sam_Fizz_User
    Sam_Fizz_User Posts: 7 ✭✭
    Options

Here’s a few in no specific order:

The extra cost.

The extra complexity of the setup… Do you go with a client installed on your device, protecting only that specific device, or do you set it up at the router level to protect your whole network, do you leave it on all the time or want to be able to switch it off, etc.

Some service providers, like video streaming, and some employers, if you connect remotely, don’t allow VPNs. This may or may not depend on where the exit node is located… So you may have to toggle it on & off depending on the activity.

It may cause some latency/speed issue on your internet connection, might be dependent on whatever VPN provider/package you opt for.

Not all VPN providers are equal… (Pricing, bandwidth, locations and availability of exit nodes, etc)

Not all VPN providers tell the truth… (ie: advertising that they keep no logs vs actually keeping no logs…)

Some of these might not be an issue to you, it really depends on your reasons for using a VPN.

• Davo47
    Davo47 Posts: 24 ✭✭
    Options

Awesome thanks!! 🤗

• BEBE
    BEBE Posts: 128 ✭✭
    Options

Bitdefender the best for me !

• Derr
    Derr Posts: 5,478 ✭✭
    Options

Thx for the info guys

• Zakkk
    Zakkk Posts: 31 ✭✭
    Options

Beware if the vpn company isn't a big one like mcafee, norton etc.. Your data can be watched by them so don't use whatever free vpn you find. If it's free, then you're paying elsehow..

• deiiosa
    deiiosa Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Options

Look for a VPN that uses strong encryption protocols (such as OpenVPN or IKEv2/IPsec) to secure your data. Check if the VPN provider has a no-logs policy, meaning they don't keep records of your online activities. Choose a VPN with a wide range of server locations. This is important for better performance and the ability to access content from different regions. Some VPNs may slow down your internet connection. Look for a VPN that provides good speed and performance, especially if you engage in activities like streaming or online gaming. Ensure the VPN is compatible with the devices you use, whether it's Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, or others. Some VPNs also offer browser extensions.

• Vasiok
    Options

WindScribe

• swatt
    swatt Posts: 3,522 ✭✭
    Options

Be sure to buy a Vpn with servers in Canada.

• deiiosa
    deiiosa Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Options

ExpressVPN:

Encryption protocols: OpenVPN, IKEv2/IPsec

No Logging Policy: Yes

Server locations: 160 locations in 94 countries

Speed and performance: Generally good

Compatibility: Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Linux, and browser extensions.

It also makes sense to buy proxies separately and use it without vpn.

NordVPN:

Encryption protocols: OpenVPN, IKEv2/IPsec

No logging policy: Yes

Server Location: 5400+ servers in 60 countries

Speed and Performance: Reliable for most activities

Compatibility: Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Linux and browser extensions

• Claude J. #27154
    Claude J. #27154 Posts: 146 ✭✭
    Options

I can't find a free decent VPN on Android which is VERY annoying. The ONLY free VPN that actually work is the Browsec extension.

• kokoboko
    kokoboko Posts: 324 ✭✭
    Options

bitdefender

• swatt
    swatt Posts: 3,522 ✭✭
    Options

Try windscibe free version for android. If you open a free account with your email you will have 10 gb/month.

• AlexJS
    AlexJS Posts: 277 ✭✭
    Options

I got a great lifetime deal for Keep Solid, and that's what works for me.

• Glyphmo
    Glyphmo Posts: 42 ✭✭
    Options
    I haven't been able to find a suitable low-cost or preferably free VPN. Thanks for the info though! :)
  • kingTheod
    kingTheod Posts: 174 ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

if your are looking for a 'free vpn' I suggest you ProtonVPN, a Swiss-based VPN provider : protonvpn.com

they have a set a different product security-focused online service : (visit proton.me)

• ProtonMail: an encrypted email Service, add-free
    • protonVPN: the vpn service
    • ProtonDrive: a secure online storage
    • ProtonPass: a secure password manager

their basic service is free of charge, paid service comes with all features.

proton : founded by the CERN Team : Centre Europeen de Recherche Nucleaire (European Center for Nuclear Research Center)

avoid Free vpn on android or online, they are mostly scam, resell your data, offer outdated or poor encryption

• AdCharles12
    AdCharles12 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited January 2
    Options

Choosing a VPN can be challenging due to the abundance of options available. However, it would be best if you gave a try to PureVPN. I use a VPN to access Netflix USA even though I live in the UK. There are numerous other top VPN services available worldwide, such as NordVPN and SurfShark. All of these VPNs serve the same primary objective: A VPN's main function is to conceal your IP address from other parties, including your ISP. This eliminates the possibility that anyone other than you and the VPN provider will see the information you send and receive online. Additionally, a VPN ought to stop you from leaving a trail. Your secure connection will be interrupted if your VPN connection is abruptly terminated. A reliable VPN can identify this abrupt outage and stop certain programs, lessening the chance that private information will be stolen.

• BlueGiant_L57D2
    BlueGiant_L57D2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭
    Options

I use Nord VPN.

• Pascal
    Pascal Posts: 5,890 ✭✭
    Options

it’s better to avoid free VPN also if you want to see news on Facebook, don’t take a VPN with Canadian IP

• Maria2506
    Maria2506 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm a big fan of VPNs. I've been using one for a while now, mainly for security reasons. It encrypts my internet connection and shields my data from potential hackers when I'm on public Wi-Fi. I've had a good experience with https://nordvpn.com/ru/download/windows/
  • Patricia C5YQZ
    Patricia C5YQZ Posts: 2,705 ✭✭
    Options

A lots informations here! Thanks for the post

• Kanucks
    Kanucks Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited February 3
    Options

Windscribe, KeepSolid, and NordVPN are all acceptable. There's also free VPN that come with certain web browsers such as Mozilla Firefox and Opera.

• Soma
    Soma Posts: 64 ✭✭
    Options

Windscribe works well. Free gives only 10gb per month though

• Patricia C5YQZ
    Options

I think North VPN is a good one

• kingTheod
    kingTheod Posts: 174 ✭✭
    Options

the downside of US-based VPN service such as NordVPN, SurfShark, ExpressVPN, PureVPN etc.. they are required to share your data upon request by the US laws enforcement even though those VPN providers publicly state "no log policy"

the US gov force them to handout their logs or data (see US Patriot Act) or require them to enable log policy !

ProtonVPN is a Swiss-based vpn provider, out of the 5 eyes scope (US-Canada-UK-Australia-New Zealand)

Big catch: if you use US-based protonVPN servers, you are subject to US laws !

Good News: ProtonVPN is free for basic usage with the same strong encryption protocol (3 servers: US, Netherlands and Japan) I started with free version for viewing US media contents.

but ProtonVPN got more popular and the free version free US servers were overwhelmed...

the paid version is pricer than competitors (got 15 months paid plan) for my laptop & Mobile

highly advised to use a reliable vpn for doing online transactions nowadays

• Patricia C5YQZ
    Options

Interesting i think to get a vpn too