Setting up a VPN hotspot

Options
Keithman3
Keithman3 Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited January 2023 in Internet

Hello,

I'm trying to access American content on Roku by using a VPN.

I've tried creating a mobile hotspot from my PC while connected to my VPN, but it doesn't let me and the command prompt says "Hosted network supported: no". I also tried making a mobile hotspot on Android while connected to my VPN on my phone, but while I was able to make a hotspot, the IP address didn't change and I still get Canadian content

Is there some way to sync my VPN with my Fizz internet connection so that my Roku gives me American content?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• EtienneB
    EtienneB Posts: 217 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

It is possible to sync your VPN with your Fizz internet connection to access US content on Roku. Here are some steps you can take to do this:

Use a VPN that supports Router connections: Some VPN applications can be installed directly on your router, which will automatically sync all internet connections passing through that router with the VPN.

Use a VPN router: There are VPN routers that can be purchased and configured to use a VPN. This will automatically synchronize all internet connections passing through that router with the VPN.

Manually configure the VPN on your device: Some VPN applications can be manually configured on a device to use a VPN. You must manually configure the VPN on each device you want to use to access US content.

Answers

• CJ Ref Code B43SA
    CJ Ref Code B43SA Posts: 288 ✭✭
    Options

Well which VPN are you trying to access exactly? You should be able to use a VPN on the device itself while connected to a regular hotspot. Using a VPN through your phone and creating a hotspot will not function, as the data is not tunneled through the VPN when it comes to the hotspot.

This discussion has been closed.