Child all grown up

lletourn49 Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited January 2023 in My Mobile

So I read the article

But the first point, of the child creating an account doesn't explain how to then transfer to the new account WHILE KEEPING THE PHONE NUMBER.

Is there a way for a child that is now an adult to keep their phone number and have their own account to their name?


Best Answer

  • Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,297 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

    Hi @lletourn49

    You cannot !

    From the guide

    The short answer, unfortunately, is no. 

    As much for a mobile plan as for an Internet plan, our systems do not allow the transfer from one account to another. It is also impossible to group several accounts together. These are features we are working on, but for now, it is impossible. 

    The only alternative is to unsubscribe from the plan in the account you want to leave and resubscribe to a new plan from the new account. And that is why we are working hard to address this situation as soon as possible. 


    For a child who has grown up.

    If you had created a plan in your account for your child, and your child is now grown up and would like to stand on his own, he must first create his Fizz account.  

    Once his account is created, he needs to create himself a new plan. In other words, he can't retrieve the plan he had in your account, whether it was a mobile or Internet plan.

    The new plan, it means new number

    If you want to create a new account with the same number, the only way it is to transfer to a new provider and transfer back to Fizz. Sorry


  • fcoursol
    fcoursol Posts: 18 ✭✭

    Apparently you cannot which is deplorable. But a possible workaround would be to transfer to another carrier and transfer the phone number and then he could create a account and transfer back to Fizz.

This discussion has been closed.