If I buy a preloved phone with my plan and want to cancel later, What happens?

Options
ReeR
ReeR Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited January 2023 in My Mobile

Question says it. I get a phone with the plan but im not happy with the coverage and I cancel, what happens to the phone? Is it treated as completely separate?

Best Answer

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,041 ✭✭
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @ReeR

This depends on if it has a rebate or non :(

If a promotional rebate is offered on the phone you’re considering, remember that this rebate is conditional on you having an active Fizz mobile plan for an uninterrupted period of several months following the purchase date of that phone. Or, if you don’t already have a Fizz mobile plan, that you activate one within 7 days following the delivery of your phone and that you keep that plan active for an uninterrupted period of several months.

How many months does this uninterrupted period represent? 

- If you bought your phone before 2021-05-27 include, this uninterrupted period totals 12 months.  

- If you bought your phone after 2021-05-28, this uninterrupted period totals 24 months.  

If you leave Fizz before the end of that period, we’ll for one be very sad to see you go. Two, you’ll have to refund the prorated portion of the promotional rebate corresponding to the number of months remaining on the initial term of this period. This amount will be invoiced using the payment method associated with your Fizz plan when you unsubscribe. The same billing method will be used if you had chosen to pay in monthly instalments with PayBright: no amount will be added to your agreement with PayBright. 

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-promotional-rebates-offered-some-phones-sold-fizz-work

Answers

• ReeR
    ReeR Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

@Jessy_ref_i88b6 Does that apply to preloved phones? At the moment, it doesnt have a rebate

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,041 ✭✭
    Options

Hi @ReeR

As stated on the guide , "If a promotional rebate is offered on the phone you’re considering, remember that this rebate is conditional on you having an active Fizz mobile plan for an uninterrupted period of several months following the purchase date of that phone"

Therefore, if the phone doesn't have a rebate, you can close when you want.

If you need a confirmation from the customer agent, here we are users, follow these instructions

You can chat in direct

• Sign into your account

• Follow the link on this page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-unable-log-my-fizz-account-what-do-i-do

• Wait 3 seconds for the green bubble with a '❔' appears at the bottom right of the browser, if you use a phone you must use it in desktop or horizontal mode

• Choose the option 💬 chat

• If the green bubble does not appear make sure your ad blocker is disabled, otherwise try with another browser.

Or by private message on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fizzca/

This discussion has been closed.