(CODA-4680) how to set 160MHz Channel Bandwidth for 5G?

Options
BenjMcWenj
BenjMcWenj Posts: 4 ✭✭

Current Software version: 7.2.4.5.2b8

A while back i was able to set either 160MHz or 80+80Mhz on my 5G band but i no longer see the option. I tried with DFS disabled/enabled and still do not see the option. Has there been an update removing that setting, i'm confused. Any help would be appreciated.

Best Answer

• JD1990
    JD1990 Posts: 8 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

Thank you for your question about setting the 160MHz channel bandwidth for 5G on your CODA-4680 device.

Based on the information you provided, it appears that you were previously able to set the 160MHz or 80+80Mhz channel bandwidth on your 5G band, but are no longer able to do so. It's possible that this change may have been the result of an update to the software on your device.

To determine the cause of this issue and find a resolution, you may want to try the following steps:

• Check to see if there are any new updates available for your device. If there is an update available, be sure to install it to ensure that you have the latest version of the software.
    • Review the documentation or user manual for your device to see if there are any specific instructions for setting the channel bandwidth on the 5G band.
    • Contact Fizz support for assistance. They may be able to provide further guidance on how to resolve this issue or explain any changes that may have been made to the software that could be causing the issue.

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, don't hesitate to reach out to our support team.

Best regards

Answers

• CJ Ref Code B43SA
    CJ Ref Code B43SA Posts: 288 ✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Options

I don't see any mention on the Hitron model that Fizz uses, but I did find this reddit thread about another Hitron model, maybe the process is the same?

It might indeed not be supported by the Fizz router though.

• CJ Ref Code B43SA
    CJ Ref Code B43SA Posts: 288 ✭✭
    Options

I did notice while testing quickly that enabling DFS gives you more channel options than before, maybe setting one of the new options will enable it?

• BenjMcWenj
    Options

Thanks CJ, i came across that reddit post when i had played with the settings the first time. But unfortunately i do not see anymore channel bandwidth options after enabling DFS... strange.

• EtienneB
    EtienneB Posts: 217 ✭✭
    Options

La bande passante de canal de 160 MHz est une caractéristique de la technologie 5G qui permet de maximiser les débits de données pour les utilisateurs. Il existe plusieurs façons de configurer la bande passante de canal de 160 MHz pour la 5G, mais elles dépendent de votre équipement et de votre fournisseur d’accès.

Voici quelques étapes générales pour configurer la bande passante de canal de 160 MHz pour la 5G :

1. Assurez-vous que votre équipement de réseau est compatible avec la bande passante de canal de 160 MHz. Certains équipements réseau ne prennent pas en charge cette fonctionnalité.
    2. Connectez-vous à l’interface de gestion de votre équipement de réseau. Cela peut être fait en utilisant un navigateur web ou une application mobile dédiée.
    3. Accédez aux paramètres de configuration de la 5G. Cela peut varier en fonction de l’équipement utilisé, mais généralement vous devez accéder aux paramètres de la 5G dans les paramètres réseau.
    4. Recherchez l’option pour configurer la bande passante de canal de 160 MHz. Cela peut être appelé « Canal Large » ou « BW160 » dans certains cas.
    5. Activez l’option pour utiliser la bande passante de canal de 160 MHz pour la 5G. Enregistrez les modifications et redémarrez

• BenjMcWenj
    Options

Merci pour vos instructions, aussi generiques qu'elles soient. L'appareil avec lequel je voudrais beneficier du 160Mhz en est capable donc la n'est pas le probleme.

J'ai chate avec un agent du support technique de Fizz et elle m'a confirme que le 160Mhz channel bandwidth a ete enleve suite a une mise a jour. Mais elle ne m'a pas pu dire pourquoi et si cela sera de retour.

Merci quand meme pour votre aide.

Cheers,

Benjamin