two modems in one address

Options
fang X.
fang X. Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited December 2022 in Internet

I recently moved to a new place and wish to keep my own internet plan. I brought my modem to my new home. The only thing is that the landlord has fizz modem as well.

So if I keep my own internet plan, do I have to use my own modem ?

Does Every plan relate to a specific modem?

Once I changed my address and moved in , Can I either use my own modem or my landlord's to get connected with my own internet plan?

If I can use either mine or his, can my landlord return either one of them to you ?

Thanks

Best Answer

• Mamie
    Mamie Posts: 1,784 ✭✭
    edited December 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

@fang X.

Hi, you are responsible for your own modem. Surely you have changed your address in your account? My packages / Manage my package / Moving

Even if you brought your modem, the technician must come to your home to check the signal and ensure that the coaxial cable is working properly.

Each internet package is linked to a specific address even if you can have 2 internet packages at the same address in the same account. Did you rent your landlord's home? This is the why of your question? Or did he offer internet included in your rent?

He must unsubscribe if he no longer needs his current plan. He is responsible for his modem and must return it to avoid a charge of $225 + txes. Normally the modem must be returned within 15 days after unsubscribing. Maybe pass the information on to him.

https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-return-my-wi-fi-modem

Answers

This discussion has been closed.