Travel add on

Options
Whatisgoingon
Whatisgoingon Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited December 2022 in My Mobile

Hi,

I'm going to the USA from Canada and I will need a travel add-on or to put money in my wallet. I didn't get my new Sim card yet. Will the calls, texts and data work even if the VoLTE is not available yet and I don't have the VoLTE Sim card?

Thanks

Best Answers

• D_M_O
    D_M_O Posts: 126 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Data should work. But there is no official news about call and text. It maybe work or not like people have commented on this forum for the past few months.

• Mamie
    Mamie Posts: 1,784 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Whatisgoingon

Hi, unfortunately no, you must have the new SIM card - VoLTE. But people who subscribed from March 16, 2022 and have the new SIM card - VoLTE and a VoLTE certified device, yes, it will be possible for them to receive and make calls and texts.

If you became a mobile member ON or AFTER March 16, 2022.

Your plan should already be activated with a VoLTE compatible SIM card. If you are using a VoLTE-certified phone updated with the latest software update, calls and texts will work in the U.S.”

https://fizz.ca/en/faq/why-do-some-calls-and-texts-when-us-not-wor

Here is the list of VoLTE certified devices that Fizz continues to update.

https://fizz.ca/fr/faq/appareils-compatibles#3

Do you have an iPhone? Exceptionally, on some iPhones with the old card, calls worked but nothing guaranteed by Fizz. If you have a VoLTE phone and it's important for you to make and receive calls in the USA, you can buy the new SIM card in Jean Coutu pharmacies, in Couche-Tard or in certain metro stations in Montreal.

Answers

• Whatisgoingon
    Whatisgoingon Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I have a Samsung S22, with an old Fizz Sim card. So, if I don't get the new sim card, only data will work on roaming in the US.

Some of my friends on Fizz already recieved their new sim card by mail. I imagine that I will recieve mine soon.

Thanks for your help guys. This forum is so effective, still waiting on the customer service on messenger haha.

This discussion has been closed.