Roam in New Jersey

Options
Harveyc
Harveyc Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited December 2022 in My Mobile

If I go to New Jersey and buy an add-on, will I be able to use my phone?

Best Answer

• Mamie
    Mamie Posts: 1,784 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Harveyc

Hi, unfortunately for some subscribers, it is not possible to make and receive calls directly with their plan. You must subscribe from March 16, 2022.

“If you became a mobile member ON or AFTER March 16, 2022. Your plan should already be activated with a VoLTE compatible SIM card. If you are using a VoLTE-certified phone updated with the latest software update, calls and texts will work in the U.S.”

https://fizz.ca/en/faq/why-do-some-calls-and-texts-when-us-not-work

If you subscribed before March 16, it will not be possible to make and receive calls/texts. There have, however, been successful subscribers with certain iPhone models. You can use your data to make and receive calls with certain apps like: WhatsApp, Google Duo, Facetime and Messenger.

Answers

• Smilemars
    Smilemars Posts: 156 ✭✭
    Options

I went to New Jersey and my phone still worked with Fizz.

You can get add ones specifically for the US:

Or pay as you go:

Hope this helps and have a nice trip!

• Smilemars
    Smilemars Posts: 156 ✭✭
    Options

You can also purchased add ones. I didn’t have new SIM card when I travelled to NJ, and it still worked.

• Mamie
    Mamie Posts: 1,784 ✭✭
    Options

@Harveyc @Smilemars

Hi Smilemars, it is true on your side for your calls and you have been sincere in responding to this message. Some subscribers have used their phone and made calls and possibly their device picks up 2G from T-Mobile or another network because 3G no longer exists in the USA. They are the lucky ones like you, for example, and often they are on iPhones but not always.

But Fizz cannot guarantee anything uncertain. So what is certain and proven is that subscribers whose activation was made from March 16, 2022 can make and receive calls and texts on 4G in the USA.

This information was updated on the Fizz website in early November 2022. See reference page above.

This discussion has been closed.